The Resurrection Project (TRP) is a 501(c)(3) community-based organization. Founded by a coalition of Pilsen churches in 1990, The Resurrection Project's mission is to build relationships and challenge people to act on their faith and values to create healthy communities through organizing, education and community development. The organization primarily serves low and moderate-income families in Pilsen, Little Village, Back of the Yards, and Melrose Park.
The goal of the Immigration Legal Services Program is to provide direct legal services while engaging clients in advocacy and education and to provide resources for the community to prepare for changes in immigration policy.
General Job Description:
The Immigration Legal Services Manager is responsible for strategic planning, coordination and implementation of direct legal services and grant reporting for the Immigration Legal Services program. The Immigration Legal Services Manager assures that all logistics, volunteers, and staff are fully prepared to provide quality services to TRP clients. The Immigration Legal Services Manager also works in close collaboration with other TRP pillars to guide clients through various TRP services.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage the coordination of TRP clinic and workshops – including staff coordination, securing dates and locations, logistics planning, and volunteer assignments.
• Manage and oversee Intake Specialist for the Immigration Legal Services department.
• Manage and oversee integration of promotoras in clinic.
• Manage office operations for the clinic including mail with particular care on client mail.
• Manage all grant reporting for the Immigration Legal Services department.
• Manage and oversee interns and volunteers who work within TRP’s Immigration Legal Services.
• Manage TRP’s Immigration Legal Services Program intake process and assist applicants in a professional and compassionate manner and maintain confidential information.
• Serve as lead on case management system, Lawlogix including data validation to assure accuracy.
• Serve as lead on the effective use of the organization’s Customer Relation Management system, Salesforce.
• In collaboration with Intake Specialist, manage a multi-line hotline with immigration inquiries and assist with a high volume of public and professional inquiries by triaging individual cases and providing general information.
• Identify cross-over services for other TRP programs and services and set referral process.
• Provide legal assistant support for the immigration department: perform data entry; prepare and disseminate mail; and fax, file, scan, and copy documents for case files.
• Actively participate in public education workshops regarding important immigration issues facing the community.
• Actively engage in understanding current immigration law and TRP’s office procedures relating to immigration case work.
• Maintain required job skills and core professional competencies.
• Attend and participate in required educational programs and staff meetings.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications and Skills:
· Bachelor's Degree is preferred or demonstrated and significant experience in working with immigrant communities and an understanding of immigration legal services
· Bilingual in English and Spanish required
· Ability to: work well under pressure, multi-task, and meet established timelines and goals
· Ability to deal effectively and professionally in stressful situation and with a high volume of public and professional inquiries while exhibiting sound judgment and using discretion
· Ability to communicate thoughts and ideas effectively and to effectively interpret general policy, criteria, and procedures for specific situations as it relates to immigration legal services and/or removal defense
· Demonstrated ability to build relationships and work effectively with people of diverse social, faith, economic and racial/ethnic backgrounds.
· Excellent verbal, analytical, writing, and organization skills
· Prior experience with immigration intake or understanding of immigration legal services preferred
· Proficient knowledge of MS Office and Internet required
Special Working Conditions and Demands:
· Willingness to work flexible hours; evenings and weekends required
· Access to a car, valid driver’s license and insurance, and ability to travel within the metropolitan area and sometimes out of state
Statement of Equal Opportunity:
The Resurrection Project is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, or disability.
The Resurrection Project (TRP) is a 501(c)(3) community-based organization. Founded by a coalition of Pilsen churches in 1990, The Resurrection Project's mission is to build relationships and challenge people to act on their faith and values to…
Bilingual in Spanish Required.
Bilingual in Spanish Required.