Tipo de contrato
Mínimo: US$ 7,000
Máximo: US$ 12,000
Detalles: Position is only for 6-9 months; salary figures above are based on what it would be if it were 12 months. Salary will need to be negotiated based on qualifications, experience, and other factors.
Fecha de inicio
Fecha límite de postulación
Provincia de Puntarenas
Request for Proposals
Fundraising Specialist/Capital Campaign Coordinator
Independent Contractor/Professional Services Contract
Position: Fundraising Specialist/Capital Campaign Coordinator
Time Commitment: Estimated to be about 30 hours per week, but may be expanded as need arises.
Reports To: Executive Director of the Monteverde Community Fund, and works closely with the Board of Directors
Monteverde Community Fund Mission
To unite diverse resources, shareholders and strategies in order to support and promote sustainable initiatives within the Monteverde region.
Role of the Fundraising Specialist/Capital Campaign Coordinator
The Monteverde Community Fund (MCF/the Fund) seeks a Campaign Coordinator to help manage its upcoming capital campaign and provide strategic support for ongoing development functions at the Fund. The Fundraising Specialist/Capital Campaign Coordinator promotes the overall vision and direction of MCF in order to sustain and grow the organization’s mission. Primary responsibility initially will be to manage and coordinate a capital campaign to ensure the purchase and remodeling of the Monteverde Community Fund’s new space, which will also house the Santa Elena Library and additional workspaces for community organizations affiliated with the Fund. Following the achievement of this goal, additional, long-term responsibilities will include supporting a comprehensive financial sustainability strategy for the Fund.
· Identify donor prospects, develop cultivation strategies and acquisition of donations to reach established campaign revenue goals;
· Establish campaign’s solicitation priorities (appropriate individual and business prospects), manage prospect lists and prospect tracking. Develop and execute cultivation plans and strategies in collaboration with the Executive Director and members of the MCF Board of Directors;
· Prepare and provide campaign collateral for solicitation, including a “Case for Support” document;
· Develop and execute targeted cultivation plans and solicitation strategies, including meeting requests, meeting follow-up, and preparation of proposals;
· Plan all aspects of the capital campaign launch and other campaign events;
· Work with MCF’s contractors, including the Communications Specialist, to drive the development of the campaign’s communications and collateral materials, including print, web, and social media platforms;
· Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
· Bachelor’s degree;
· Minimum of two years’ experience supporting resource development for non-profits;
· Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills;
· Demonstrate excellence in communication skills in both English and Spanish;
· Ability to be self-directed;
· Ability to organize, prioritize, and execute responsibilities.
· Cover letter indicating why you are particularly interested in and qualified for the position;
· Current résumé;
· Names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of two references from current and/or former direct supervisors. (We will obtain permission from candidates before contacting references.)
Flexible working conditions and beautiful location in unique and inspiring community.
Nivel de idiomas
Excellent oral and written English and Spanish.
Nivel mínimo de educación