The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has an opening or a Financial Analyst. This position will assist in development of budgeting tools for the annual budget process. Maintains tools for general cost allocations to agreed fair share methods and perform monthly calculations/charges. Obtain and assemble data fundamental to performing routine analysis of departments’ activities. Create and design spreadsheets and reports that reflect the analysis of both current and past performance. Assists in design & maintenance of budgeting tools for developing and collecting USCCB annual budget data: maintain individual & consolidating budget templates.
- Provide staff support on the use of budget files, training, accessibility, and budget development.
- Review departments’ budget annual submissions to ensure budgets are within mandated guidelines and report exceptions to direct supervisor. Provide analytical support to managers during the budgeting process.
- Assist in transferring budget data from the budget development tools into the accounting software including reconciliation of such data.
- Assist in design & maintain templates for monthly cost allocation. Ensure that the agreed allocation methods are implemented and provide intended results.
- Assist in monthly allocation process including distribution of financial reports, annual entries and year end allocation true ups.
- Review financial reports for quality assurance and distribute them monthly/quarterly according to distribution list.
- Research and analyze data to identify, troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies in either budget data or actual revenue and expenditure data.
- Assists in customizing reports, spreadsheets, charts and/or graphs for managers and financial dashboards.
- Create and keep current monthly and yearly comparisons for various financial markers as per the unit focus.
- Maintain working knowledge of the accounting pronouncements and standards keeping current on the same.
- Assist in compiling data for various committee meetings.
- Assist in year-end closing and audit process, including preparation of audit work-papers in assigned areas.
- Serve as back-up for other Financial Analyst.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of finance experience.
For further information or to submit a cover letter and resume, visit: