**Due to COVID-19 this role is currently working primarily remotely. Once FareStart’s office fully reopens, this role will have regular onsite responsibilities in downtown Seattle. **
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
FareStart is a nonprofit organization in Seattle, Washington that transforms lives, disrupts poverty, and nourishes communities through food, life skills, and job training. We help people overcome employment barriers by teaching them work and life skills they need to succeed in the food-based jobs — and in life.
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, FareStart has provided millions of meals to organizations across the Seattle area that serve youth, adults, and families who are low income or experiencing food insecurity.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As the Marketing & Communications Manager, you will manage marketing and communications strategies to highlight the FareStart brand and impact; manage, create, and edit content including messaging, stories, photos, videos, and collateral materials; oversee the management of digital and print assets, collaborates closely across teams to support, strategize and amplify mission; and supervise a team of two people.
- Manages, creates, and edits content including messaging, stories, photos, videos, collateral materials, and advertising in support of the FareStart mission; manages and curates editorial and external communications calendars.
- Ensures all content is developed through a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion; amplifies a wide range of voices that represent the communities we serve, and works to create a sense of belonging across all marketing and communications platforms.
- Oversees management and organization of digital channels including website, SEO initiatives, blog, and social media; manages MailChimp database lists; develops and executes strategies to grow subscribers/followers, readership, and overall engagement.
- Collaborates closely with team leaders across the organization to strategize, and develop content and stories to promote our job training food security programs, consulting, mission-driven social enterprise businesses, fundraising, volunteer, and advocacy efforts.
- Develops programs for special events including recruiting, selecting, and preparing internal and external speakers; writing and editing scripts and talking points; producing and managing videos.
- Manages and analyzes reports on the effectiveness of marketing and communications strategies; tracks website, social media, blog, and e-marketing analytics; makes recommendations as appropriate; stays abreast of trends and makes recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensures adherence to brand standards and messaging.
- Supports internal communication projects and initiatives.
- Manages communications-related budget items, vendors, and volunteers.
- Supervises two marketing and communications specialists; hires, trains, coaches, and evaluates employees.
- Additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or related experience.
- 5+ years of marketing/communications and/or public relations.
- Experience developing and executing marketing and communications strategies that persuade, engage and get positive attention.
- Excellent communication skills – including writing, editing and proofreading skills; familiarity with AP writing style.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail; skilled at tracking metrics and analyzing data to inform strategies and pivots.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively across complex organizations and with diverse internal and external stakeholders; and ability to communicate clearly, diplomatically and effectively.
- Flexible in a fast-paced setting, able to work and prioritize under deadline pressure.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite; Experience taking and editing photos and creating simple graphics for use on websites and other collateral.
- People management experience preferred.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATION: FareStart requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Competitive pay based on experience and qualifications
- Paid time off (3 weeks in the first year of employment) and paid holidays
- 401(k) savings plan
- Health, disability, and life insurance
- Free ORCA pass
- Free Shift Meal
Why Should You Apply?
- Be part of our mission to disrupt poverty.
- Join a supportive, respectful, and celebratory community among our staff, students, board, and volunteers
- Organizational commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace
- FareStart encourages the personal and professional growth of its employees
For information on FareStart, including more information on employee benefits and our company culture, visit our website at: www.farestart.org/about
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity:
FareStart is committed to becoming a fully inclusive, antiracist, diverse organization. To fulfill our mission, vision and values we are seeking candidates who demonstrate shared values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism.
Our Commitment To Anti-Racism
FareStart defines antiracism as the clear acknowledgment that racism permeates organizations, communities, and industries, including our own. We recognize that we have a duty to be vigilant in addressing and confronting racism in how we make decisions, show up in our communities, build business practices and policies, and engage in intentional partnerships and philanthropic endeavors to fulfill our mission and vision.