About the Organization
RIP Medical Debt is a New York based nonprofit that empowers donors to relieve billions in oppressive medical debt.
Our mission is to end medical debt and be:
- A source of justice in an unjust healthcare finance system: Our unique and highly leveraged debt abolishment model combines the generosity of donors with debt industry expertise to produce a high volume of debt relief return, mitigating significant financial and mental distress for millions of people.
- A unique solution for patient-centered healthcare providers: By partnering with us, health care systems can strengthen individuals and communities by relieving dormant, uncollectible, and damaging bad debts and can identify opportunities to refine their financial assistance programs to better serve their communities.
- A moral force for systemic change: Our work brings attention to the range of negative impacts caused by medical debt and a deeper understanding of its causes. These efforts support progress toward a more compassionate, transparent, equitable and affordable healthcare system.
The Development Liaison Manager is a full-time employee as part of the Program Management Department. Primary responsibility includes carrying out internal operations in support of fund development efforts. These functions include Program Management, Business Analysis, and Development Operations. This position is critical to the organization’s strategic growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Task Management and Reporting
- Use various tools, including Microsoft Office Suite (namely Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and other), Asana, and video conferencing programs to manage projects and keep colleagues and leadership informed of progress
- Collect and analyze key performance indicators
- Draft memos and prepare communications on behalf of Program Management Department
- Handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Fund Development Operations
- Act as primary liaison to eight-member, outsourced fund development team
- Preparation and completion of internal and external donor debt fulfillment reports
- Provide regular reports to Debt Operations, Development, Administration, and IT showing the number of donors, location and availability of debt, and results of debt abolishment campaigns
- Management of Pledge Agreement Procedures from initial donor contact to abolishment of debt
- Monitor status of donor debt abolishment inquiries compared to debt availability
- Oversee process of matching donor debt abolishment priorities with available debt using debt engine
- Track and evaluate incoming debt acquisition files as well as prospective debt acquisition opportunities
- Inform (cross-functional teams – Finance, IT, Debt Ops) about status of funding availability
- Develop progress reports for multiple debt abolishment related projects and tasks
- Coordinate and document all large donations
- Manage “on hold” debt abolishment orders through the debt engine and related fulfillment reports
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by management or supervisors from time to time.
- Adhere to the organization's conflict of interest and code of ethics and policies.
Required Work Experience
- 5 - 7 years of professional experience in Business Development or Nonprofit fundraising with demonstrated competency in data analytics
- Understand sensitivity and value of donor relationships
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Organized and detailed oriented
- Ability to work proactively and independently
- Strong collaborative skills
- Knowledge of corporate development or funding business processes
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is a plus but not required.
- Project Management Certification a plus but not required.
Other Desirable Skills, Experience, Education, Licenses, Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration or nonprofit management
- Experience in Corporate Development or Business Analysis Position
- Experience in using Business Intelligence tools, such as Power BI
- Knowledge of project management principles