Summary: This position is customer-centered that reports and collaborates with the Finance Associate with daily accounting transactions such as Accounts Payable, General Ledger & Accounts Receivables. The Bookkeeper will also contribute to monthly reporting and reconciling, analytics for business decision making, the annual audit, and operational tasks.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The duties and responsibilities of this position shall include, but are not limited to the following.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system. Assist and organize account information for financial audits.
- Process daily financial transactions, including posting, reviewing, and reconciling accounts payable and receivable on an accrual basis.
- Help with the timely and accurate preparation of annual audit materials.
- On a weekly basis, prepare all deposits and deposit in appropriate accounts. Reconcile accounts with bank.
- Prepare and send invoices.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner; all accounts receivable are collected promptly and that periodic bank reconciliations are completed.
- Track and record payments such as accounts payable, journal entries, payments, performing bank reconciliations and reports, preparing accounts receivable and payable reports, preparing tax reports.
- Prepare monthly financial reports such as Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis.
- Review and maintain chart of accounts adhering to financial policies. Responsible for organizing, accurate coding and entry of AP invoices. Code and enter Accounts Payable invoices.
- Maintain confidentiality requirements of Finance Department and agency.
- An ability to work as a team member.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced, complicated environment with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizing and planning skills with attention to detail.
- Attend all requested meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least three years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping
- Experience with grants.
- Knowledge of internal control procedure, and accounting best practices (GAAP)
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Excel, and MS Office
- Understanding of inventory management and Point of Sale (POS) systems
- 2-3 years of bookkeeping experience.
- Experience for non-profit bookkeeping preferred.
- Proficient in Quickbooks.
- Must be willing to work between the hours of 8am to 5pm Monday through Friday, some weekends, flexible schedule as needed.
- Two year college degree in business or accounting, or equivalent professional experience.
- BS degree in Accounting or related preferred.