The Community Engagement Manager provides strategic direction to recruit volunteers and potential supporters to the Samaritan’s Feet mission both locally and nationally. Additionally, the Community Engagement Manager provides for a quality experience for the public that will increase retention and growth of community support. Finally, the Community Engagement Manager will ensure accurate and timely data analytics to inform progress toward organizational goals.
Position Responsibilities - Volunteer Engagement
- Provides ongoing strategy to increase volunteer participation at the Charlotte location and at nation-wide distributions.
- Serves for primary outreach to increase volunteer engagement, actively recruiting corporate, civic and churches to provide volunteer groups.
- Sets standards, establishes internal training to ensure the quality of volunteer experience. Ensures all staff members are trained in volunteer standards.
- Manages and coaches Volunteer Coordinator to ensure that quality experience standards and data management integrity are met.
- Works actively with Warehouse Logistics manager to coordinate volunteer resources with needs of the organization.
- Designs and executes strategies to recruit, develop, train, and retain volunteer distribution and warehouse leaders for the purpose of increasing capacity while maintaining world- class volunteer experiences all sites.
- Designs, implements, and executes volunteer stewardship program to increase retention of individual volunteers and volunteer groups.
- Works actively with development and marketing teams to design strategies that move volunteers to financial supporters, including Sole Society. Trains all personnel in strategies to ensure consistent messaging to all volunteer individuals and groups.
- Recruits skilled volunteers including office volunteers and interns.
Position Responsibilities - “The Experience”
- Promotes and secures scheduled group tours among schools, churches, businesses, and organizations to meet attendance goals.
- Works with the marketing department to provide digital and print assets to promote “The Experience” attendance.
- As the program expands, provides for training on recruitment program for docents to meet increased tour demand.
Position Responsibilities - Data Management
- Ensures data accuracy of volunteer management software.
- Provides accurate and timely reporting on organizational data for all internal stakeholders.
- Serves a critical role on the Data Team, providing evaluation and recommendations to improve existing systems
Required Skills and Experience
- Associates or bachelor's degree
- Experience in non-profit development or sales
- Successful history of managing teams to meet departmental goals
- Experience in a role that requires public speaking and/or training
- Clear, engaging verbal and written communication
- Extremely organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience in program development
- Experience supervising volunteers specifically
- Experience with robust CRM software