Data & Analytics Department
Location: Headquarters – Washington, DC
United Staff Union – Grade 6
Salary Range: $67,908 - $101,860
This position in the Data & Analytics Department receives close supervision to perform a variety of data processing tasks. Assigned a variety of data collection, data organizing and maintenance tasks. Responsibilities contribute to the overall improvement of data processing for officer maintenance and processing of data for the International Convention. This role will also work interdepartmentally to improve and document data processes.
- Maintains officer updates in the document management system that stores information for the maintenance of AFSCME local union officers.
- Assists with maintenance of the document management system for the electronic storage of AFSCME International Union credential forms.
- Works in collaboration with other department teams and Departments to create Standard Operating Procedure documentation.
- Data enters into a variety of department hosted systems.
- Works on short and long-term projects. May assist others in more complex data preparation.
- Cleans and standardizes a variety of data files.
- Locates, compiles and sorts information on routine matters, as directed. Maintains logs on requests received and information sought.
- Assists in other moderate level data cleansing task in excel.
- Trains IU & affiliate staff in using AFSCME hosted Membership systems.
- Provides backup assistance with answering the membership phone line.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a minimum of two (2) years of related work experience or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Moderate Excel skills required.
- Effective analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate technical subjects to non–technical individual.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong commitment to the labor movement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to communicate in writing.
- Ability to manage several tasks/projects concurrently, prioritize work effectively, and work under pressure.
Travel and Work Hours:
- Extended work hours and travel may be required.
AFSCME is an equal opportunity employer, and, as such, does not discriminate against an employee or applicant on the basis of race, creed, color, age, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious affiliation, disability, or any other classification protected from discrimination under applicable law.