The International Society for Advancement of Cytometry (ISAC) is seeking a motivated and organized Operations Associate for the organization. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the planning and implementation of high-level operations, providing accounting support, and responding to member and volunteer requests. This position works with the ED to ensure a high level of team and organizational performance related to the strategic plan. The position is located in Washington, DC.
- Provides support with accounting and general office duties. Responsible for responding to daily influx of communication with members and volunteers and finding solutions. Manages ISAC’s customer service Fresh Desk system. Manage organization-wide project and calendar tracking. Helps maintain membership database payments by regularly updating member contact information, reconciling open invoices, and removing duplicate accounts. Orders supplies. Distributes mail. Checks ISAC office voicemails and responds as necessary.
- Processes expense reimbursement reports, codes invoices, bills and credit card statements, and assists with documentation of revenue received. Assists with monthly reconciliation and providing accountant with appropriate and approved documents for billing. Assists Executive Director with financial reports, budget tracking, and development of annual budget.
- Works directly with Executive Director to foster a strengths-based team, assists with development of team-building, annual learning initiatives, and professional development.
- Provides journal publisher with regular updates on journal subscribers and resolves subscription related problems. Collects user data and revenue on the journal for monthly reporting. Works with the Editor to respond to any needs and serves on relevant committees. Assists members in updating their accounts.
- Responsible for coordination of ISAC’s leadership development programs; processes applications, distributes for review, communicates with applicants and award winners and provides customer service. Assists with coordination of the judging process, associated functions and programs at Annual Conference (CYTO-C), such as ISAC leadership development day and the awards ceremony, and elsewhere. Orders awards.
- Manages vendor relations, contracts, and licensee products. Maintains monthly statements and reports on Shared Drive for record keeping. Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Functions as staff liaison to various committees.Provides support and expertise as needed. Manage calendar and meetings invitations as needed. Maintains list of committees and members, including contact information, for the website as well as internal record keeping.
- Work will also be required at ISAC meeting venues including convention centers and hotels
- Participation in conference calls outside of normal business hours may be required.
- Travel, including international, to work at ISAC meetings may be required. Inclusion of weekends may be involved.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field preferred.
- 3+ years of related experience in association management, operations, membership, finances.
- 2+ years of experience working in budgets and account reconciliation.
- Experience working with volunteers, customers, or members preferred.
- Strong commitment to fostering a collaborative and community-based team.
- Takes initiative to solve problems and identify solutions.
- Any equivalent combination of training, education, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Experience with budget management and Quickbooks
- Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Teams
- Internet Browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer)
- Familiarity and/or interest in website content editing and database management.
- Experience with web and mobile technologies; web content management; e-mail marketing systems; and other membership-based communications technology.
ISAC offers a supportive team environment, and generous employee leave and other benefits.
To apply, send your resume with cover letter and salary expectations to ISACHR@isac-net.org.
ISAC is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, family responsibilities, marital, veteran or military status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.