The Marketing Manager of Dumbarton Arts & Education is a proactive storyteller responsible for developing and implementing owned and earned media strategies. Reporting to the Executive Director and in close coordination with organizational staff and board, the Marketing Manager creates, refines, and disseminates institutional and programmatic key messaging to both internal and external audiences. By successfully promoting Dumbarton Arts & Education programs and mission, the role raises the profile of the organization and helps achieve its earned and contributed revenue goals.
Advertising and Marketing Management (40%)
- Generate Annual Marketing Plan to align resources and tactics to accomplish marketing objectives.
- Coordinate with program managers and artist management to gather necessary details of performances.
- Oversee creation of marketing collateral including flyers, posters, and social media posts
- Work with graphic designer to coordinate creation and trafficking advertising assets such as ads, radio, digital and print.
- Coordinate and track promotional tickets.
- Track expenses, process invoices.
- Work with program leads to develop marketing plans for events series and education programs.
- Oversee the development of web pages, ticketing set-up, and patron communication to ensure clarity, effectiveness, and accuracy.
Web Site & Email Marketing (20%)
- Manage the major landing pages of Dumbartonconcerts.org and Dumbartonartsed.org with performance and event highlights. Participate in presale and on-sale testing for Dumbarton Concerts tickets.
- Write content for various Inspired Child and Dumbarton Arts Ed email blasts and web pages.
- Populate, edit, and review web pages and emails to ensure accuracy, clarity, and marketing effectiveness.
- Drive Content Calendar and schedule for Dumbarton’s targeted email marketing campaigns and e-news.
Social Media Management (30%)
- Develop and manage social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Create content schedule, post content, and collaborate with staff on content ideas for all social media channels.
- Coordinate with internal program champions to collect and synthesize information about relevant events and initiatives such as exhibitions, panel discussions, auditions.
Administration and Community Collaboration (10%)
- Work to distribute marketing materials at various community events in rotation with other staff.
- Oversee content for and production and placement of posters, banners, and more
- Contribute to the development of Dumbarton Arts & Education collateral including brochures, Annual Report, and newsletters.
- Participate in grass roots marketing initiatives.
- Other duties and assigned.
Satisfactory completion of this job includes successfully:
- Producing high-quality marketing materials to meet organizational goals.
- Contributing to strong attendance and sales for Dumbarton Arts and Education events.
- Contributing to a proactive flow of new ideas to express Dumbarton Arts and Education leadership.
- Building and maintaining positive relationships with fellow staff, patrons, partners, vendors, and volunteers.
- 2 years of experience in marketing & communications.
- BA or equivalent experience
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Desire to grow, learn, and contribute to a team.
- Knowledge of and proficiency preferred in:
- Video and photo editing
- Digital/graphic design and website management (Squarespace or similar)
- MS Office Suite
- Mailchimp or other marketing and communications platforms
Full-Time Salary starts at $50,000 including health benefits, dental and 403(b) employee savings after 1 year.
Commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Belonging (I.D.E.A.B.)
Dumbarton Arts and Education is committed to the principles of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access, and Belonging (I.D.E.A.B). We recognize that every person, organization, and community is unique and valuable. We listen carefully, discuss options, seek to understand, and endeavor to build consensus around diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging so that every interaction with customers, staff, artists, and students is a positive learning opportunity. We prioritize the creation of culture of racial equity in every aspect of our organization.