ABOUT CITY PARKS FOUNDATION
City Parks Foundation (CPF) is the only independent, nonproﬁt organization whose mission is to offer programs in public parks throughout the ﬁve boroughs of New York City. At CPF, we are dedicated to invigorating and transforming parks into dynamic, vibrant centers of urban life through arts, environmental education, sports, and community building programs for all New Yorkers. Our programs and community partnership initiatives—located in more than 350 parks, recreation centers, and public schools across New York City—reach 300,000 people each year. Our ethos is simple: we believe thriving parks mean thriving communities.
● We produce SummerStage, the largest free, outdoor performing arts festival in NYC, presenting world-class artists from across the globe and our own neighborhoods on our mainstage in Central Park and in local parks in all ﬁve boroughs, and our Swedish Cottage Marionette Theatre and roving PuppetMobile present marionette puppet theater throughout New York City.
● Partnerships for Parks, a public-private program of City Parks Foundation and NYC Parks, supports and champions a growing network of community leaders who care and advocate for the transformation of our neighborhood parks.
● We connect youngsters to nature in the urban environment through progressive, experiential teaching. Using parks as classrooms, we provide learning experiences and hands-on activities in urban forests, coastal areas, and gardens.
● Free golf, tennis, track & ﬁeld, soccer, and ﬁtness programs bring high-quality instruction and equipment into areas where few organized athletic opportunities exist. We offer leveled training, year-round scholarship coaching, and special pro events.
The Senior Manager of Development will join a 13 person Development and Marketing team, raising approximately $11 million annually from individual donors, foundations and institutions, corporate sponsors, and government to support our free programs in New York City parks. Reporting to the Director of Development and supervising the Development Coordinator, this position will collaborate directly with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director, the Senior Director, Marketing and Development, and senior staff to cultivate major donors and produce our fundraising and cultivation events.
The Senior Manager of Development will be responsible for meeting fundraising goals and the ﬂawless execution of our Gala & Concert at SummerStage in Central Park and our CityParks Tennis Beneﬁt at the US Open Championships. Responsibilities will also include engaging CPF donors to cultivate, renew, and increase major gifts as well as planning and executing cultivation events throughout the year at SummerStage concerts and other program activities.
● Working with the Director of Development at the highest level of event production, manage day to day responsibilities to produce events of exceptional standards;
● Oversee all event operations and logistics to include (but not limited to): create and lead event fundraising plans; build and successfully meet detailed event production schedules; document guest correspondence and supervise gift processing and acknowledgements; manage all vendors; oversee production of graphic design elements and other deliverables; recruit, train, and manage event volunteers;
Major GIft and Board Support
● Conduct research to identify a pipeline of major donor and board prospects for senior leadership;
● Work directly with board members to develop and maintain solicitation lists and draft fundraising appeals;
● Manage non-event fundraising appeals and oversee donor moves management to cultivate increased giving and help meet annual individual giving fundraising goals;
● Engage donors and prospects at evening and weekend cultivation receptions and SummerStage concerts to manage fundraising responsibilities and deepen relationships; regularly communicate to donors the impact of their gift and raise awareness of program achievements, milestones, and notable events to secure gift renewals;
● Provide donors required deliverables including annual narrative and ﬁnancial reports and gift impact updates.
● Supervise the Development Coordinator as a direct report;
● Project individual giving revenue and event expense budgets to reconcile annual organization budgeting requirements.
● 5-7 years of experience as a fundraiser in a high-volume development ofﬁce managing large scale, complex fundraising events and campaigns;
● Meticulous attention to detail and process, thoroughness, and task focus while managing pressure and working under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
● Exceptional research, organizational, and oral and written communications skills;
● Superb sense of protocol, etiquette, and discretion in all communications;
● Expertise managing a high volume of documents, spreadsheets, and lists;
● Excellent time and project management skills required to prioritize and simultaneously bring multiple projects and assignments to successful completion;
● Experience supervising a direct report preferred;
● Salesforce experience and familiarity with Google Suite applications preferred;
● Highly collaborative, motivated, resilient, ﬂexible, and proactive;
● Availability to work nights and weekends as required;
● Passion for free programming in NYC’s parks.
City Parks Foundation is a collegial, mission-focused organization that values its employees and encourages professional growth and advancement. Thank you for your interest in City Parks Foundation, an equal opportunity employer.
ABOUT CITY PARKS FOUNDATION
City Parks Foundation (CPF) is the only independent, nonproﬁt organization whose mission is to offer programs in public parks throughout the ﬁve boroughs of New York City. At CPF, we are dedicated to invigorating…