FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our website at www.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
To provide effective and efficient administrative support to the Technology and Information Unit.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
- To support administrative processes in line with the needs of the unit, for example, in terms of contracting, procurement, meeting organization, travel arrangements.
- To support the management of contracts, including for example, database entries and reporting, filing, supporting staff, liaising with the legal department.
- To support procurement processes of the unit (e.g. placing orders, contract processing, checking delivery, invoice processing).
- To support the preparation, coordination and execution of unit meetings, trainings, and phone conferences (logistics, meeting set up, taking minutes etc.).
- To make travel arrangements for unit staff.
- To process invoices and expense claims, review credit card statements.
- To assist with the administration of external service providers (contract processing, signing, filing, invoice processing, payments etc.).
- To assist with the maintenance and curation of unit content placed on FSC Intranet and the FSC Open Knowledge Repository.
- To maintain unit information resources and databases (suppliers, contracts, unit calendars, unit distribution lists, unit media lists, etc.).
- To serve as central point of contact of TIU for external correspondence and general enquiries.
- To carry out personal assistant tasks for the unit director.
- Any other task as agreed with the formal supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Education and Training:
- University degree or equivalent vocational training or experience in a relevant field, for example, office administration.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in office management and/or executive support, administration and financial office support, or equivalent other exposure (e.g. internship)
- Working for an international organisation in a multi-stakeholder environment is a plus.
- Experience in maintaining website content is a plus.
Style and Skills:
- Strong organizational and administration skills
- Writing and number skills
- Good time management skills: Ability to perform well while handling a number of administrative and support functions simultaneously.
- A strong sense for diligence and accuracy
- Proven ability to plan and organize work
- Proactive and problem-solving attitude.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Working knowledge of German (spoken and written).
- Fluency in Spanish (spoken and written) is a plus.
- Good skills in the use of/experience with: Standard software packages (MS Office 365 and Office Suite, e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive interpersonal relations.
How to Apply
Please apply via our website by submitting your CV in English.
Please do not send any photos of yourself.
The deadline for applications is 23 January 2022 at 21:59 CET.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to your application!