We are seeking an Agriculture Liaison to support our living classroom program at Farms Work Wonders. The Liaison will support the design, development, and implementation of unique learning and trades based experiences for youth (high-school aged) on our 100 acre organic farm. These experiences will be conducted in in-person, virtual, and hybrid learning situations.
This role will work closely with and report to the Director of Missions.
- Develop and nurture vibrant, trusting, and supportive relationships with youth participants that strengthen and sustain personal and professional growth.
- Assist with the design and development of learning tools in collaboration with the Mission Director and the Agricultural team.
- Collaborate with others to create content for the Agriculture living classroom experience.
- Ensure learning experiences embrace real-life, hands-on exposure, develop social/emotional learning, and bring youth into conversation and collaboration with the larger community.
- Develop and propose criterion-referenced questions, observations, and performance-based rubrics.
- Assess training needs to develop training strategies and plans for participants.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in agriculture and/or youth development.
- In lieu of education, 2+ years of related experience in agriculture.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong information technology skills.
- Experience with Google Drive, Sheets, and Docs.
- Ability to work from home when necessary (reliable high-speed internet connection, use of a computer, etc.)
- Ability to work during peak hours (weekends, after school during the week, and school breaks) when student participants are in attendance.
- Experience with a learning management system is a plus.
- Experience developing workplace/experiential learning coursework is a plus.
This position is classified as exempt with an annual salary starting at $35,568. In addition to competitive pay, we offer the following benefits for regular, full-time employees:
- paid sick and vacation leave
- employer-paid medical and life insurance
- dental and vision insurance
- short-term disability
- annual paid winter break
- discount on items in the market and CSA program
- paid training opportunities