Wild Bear’s nonprofit mission is to inspire a lifelong connection to nature and community through creative exploration of the outdoors. We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, positive people person who knows the mountain ecosystems and recreational opportunities and is excellent at customer service.
- Create an atmosphere of creativity and nature engagement for general visitors in the nature center.
- Daily operations of the nature center, including open/close, managing the front desk & gift shop, directing all inquiries to the appropriate staff, and supporting interns and volunteers in nature center operations.
- With Education team support, update, create, maintain exhibits in the nature center.
- Provide positive experiences and customer services to all program participants and visitors.
- Manage emails and phone calls with a timely and appropriate response sending to appropriate staff.
- Partner with the Community Engagement Committee and education team to plan and implement the Enchanted Forest community event and support other community engagement goals.
- With all staff support, generate volunteer interest and involvement in all aspects of Wild Bear.
- Support Wild Bear’s efforts to build the new nature center on its 5 acres at Mud Lake
Profile and Skills
- A positive team player, professional with all constituents
- Strong positive customer service skills
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Able to handle confidential material
- Flexible with a “can do” attitude
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to work without supervision
- Understands the nonprofit structure and is passionate about building relationships in the community
- Passionate about Wild Bear Nature Center’s mission and vision and is able to speak passionately about it to individuals and community
- Pass a State of Colorado and FBI background checks
- Minimum High School diploma with 3 years customer service experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external customers
- Ability to move between different tasks as demands of the organization require
- Understands and is passionate about Wild Bear Nature Center’s Mission and Vision
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position is open until filled
Send cover letter, resume, and email addresses for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Wild Bear Nature Center