ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change is the nation's largest online racial justice organization. We help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us. As a national online force driven by over seven million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more humane and less hostile world for Black people in America. We move members from analysis to action on crucial issues so that we can build the Black political power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Color Of Change was founded in 2005 in response to the realization that during the crisis caused by Hurricane Katrina, as Black people were left stranded on their roofs to die, no one was afraid to disappoint Black people. When the government, media, corporations, and other decision-makers are not afraid to disappoint Black people, Black communities are negatively impacted and cannot move forward.
We are seeking a Recruiter looking to join a team working on sourcing and hiring the best talent across Oakland, New York, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C., to help people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us.
The Recruiter will be charged with (i) working with the Senior Director of Talent & Leadership Development to carry out the organization's recruitment strategy and employer branding efforts, (ii) managing multiple full-cycle recruiting across the organization, and (iii) managing to core talent specific responsibilities.
This position is ideal for a highly organized problem solver who is a detail-oriented individual able to handle competing -- and shifting -- daily priorities. This person is also deeply passionate about the COC mission and is excited to bring their talents to a fast-paced, collaborative, and strategic growth-focused environment.
The Recruiter is based out of our New York City office and reports directly to the Senior Director of Talent & Leadership Development.
MAIN RECRUITER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing multiple full-cycle recruiting across the organization.
- Assessing applicants' knowledge, skills, and experience to best suit open positions.
- Keep records of all materials used for recruitment, including search plan, interview notes, and other related paperwork, to share with key stakeholders.
- Counsel the candidate on benefits, salary, and organizational culture
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current legislation, enforcing regulations with managers, recommending new procedures, and conducting training
- Manage respective talent pools to ensure qualified candidates remain engaged in current or future opportunities
- Create a protocol and set up a system for tracking and conducting informational interviews to build a talent pipeline
- Serve as the main liaison between the Talent & Recruitment team and the HR & Compliance team to ensure a smooth transition from final candidate to a new employee.
- Attend job fairs and recruitment events
- Suggest new ideas for improving talent acquisition activities
- Travel independently and/or with the Senior Director of Talent & Leadership Development Director (up to 40%)
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
EMPLOYER BRANDING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees all the company's employment branding strategies, working with the Senior Director of Talent & Leadership Development to clearly define COC's employee value proposition.
- Is charged with expanding the company's online presence on different employment sites, developing creative ways to draw prospective employees to the company's website, and identifying new recruitment opportunities
- Works closely with in-house marketing department manage and continuously improve the company's career website to ensure that it is a creative and effective tool for attracting suitable candidates and enhances COC'S employer brand and reputation as an employer of choice
- Plans and establishes as well as oversee the company's LinkedIn and Glassdoor presence as it relates to employer branding
- Act as Subject Matter Expert within Employer Branding by providing the best knowledge, proper external benchmarks, best practices, and innovative solutions to support the work
- Writes creative, persuasive copy for various social media platforms
- Equally, understands the challenges with our brand and work to propose solutions.
- Identify recruiting events to help amplify and position our brand amongst key talent.
- Create ongoing and innovative engagement programs to evolve our employer brand continuously.
- Support other special projects for the Talent & Recruitment Team as needed
To excel in this role, you likely bring the following to the table:
- 2+ years of full-cycle recruitment
- Experience representing a company/organization at a recruitment event
- Experience in assisting with onboarding new staff
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. A successful candidate will enjoy thinking on their feet and know how to apply sound judgment and rationale to any situation. They will be a proactive team player and take initiative.
- A commitment to confidentiality. Due to the sensitive information that the Talent & Recruitment team holds, confidentiality is key.
- A successful candidate will have the ability to exercise absolute discretion.
- Ability to strategically prioritize. Among competing priorities and multi-task across a broad spectrum of collaborators, the successful candidate will know how to prioritize and reprioritize to keep the work flowing seamlessly.
- Effective communication skills. The ability to clearly communicate with staff at all levels in the organization is paramount; especially in fast-paced moments, a successful candidate is clear and asks for clarity in return.
- Top-notch organization skills. If the books on your bookshelf are in alphabetical order, your notes utilize colors with specific meanings, and you find long to-do lists energizing, we want to talk to you! There's a lot to keep track of in this role, and nothing can fall through the cracks. Meeting deadlines is key.
- A sense of ownership. A successful candidate will be responsive but also proactive. Importantly, you're able to work calmly and intentionally under pressure.
- Strong writing and verbal skills. The ability to communicate information clearly is fundamental to this role. You will be asked to draft or edit documents and presentations and communicate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong relationship-building skills. The Talent & Recruitment team works across the entire organization and will need to build relationships to move various work forward.
- Commitment to the COC mission. While experience in a similar role in the civil rights sector is not required, a commitment to civil rights and racial justice is absolutely necessary to succeed in this position.
- A successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should click the "Apply for this position" link and submit a resume and COC-specific cover letter. Applications will be received on a rolling basis.
This is a full-time, exempt position. The salary for the Recruiter position is $72,000/year. Color Of Change also offers a competitive benefits package.
Color Of Change (COC) is an equal opportunity employer. COC prohibits unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, genetic characteristics, disability, status as a special disabled veteran or veteran, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual identity or any other basis prohibited by law.