The Director of Development is a full-time hybrid position who supervises a team of 2-3 development and administrative managers and associates. The Director of Development oversees various contracted resources.
- Philanthropy and Fundraising:
- Develop, manage, and track the annual fundraising plan, including board giving, individual giving, foundation.
- Seek out and leverage high-level, strategic fundraising opportunities, including building new
- relationships with individual investors, corporate partners, and private foundations.
- External Relations and Communications
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including newsletters, brochures, and CCYJ’s website.
- Identify, define, and produce messaging based on the values and needs of the organization.
- Organizational Operations and Management
- Monitor and update the fundraising and communications dashboard, and consistently report progress to the President & CEO.
- Mentor and lead the philanthropy and external relations team and contractors in fulfilling their roles and goals, aligned with the annual development and communication plans.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Leadership development and/or philanthropy experience in a nonprofit, educational, or public service environment (minimum 5 years)
- Experience cultivating and securing major grants and/or high-net-worth individual investors
- Ability to listen to others and communicate honestly, responsibly, and professionally in writing, verbally, and electronically
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated track record in developing, communicating, implementing, and adapting a strategy in a constantly changing environment.
- Technologically savvy and knowledgeable including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Google apps, Asana, Bloomerang, WordPress, Constant Contact, etc.
- Possess a growth mindset: the willingness to be coached and to develop to increase effectiveness, collaboration, and produce results.
Competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. The salary range is $84,049 - $121,871 and is posted following the law in Washington State that goes into effect on Jan 1, 2023, requiring pay transparency. The high end of the range reflects an approximate 20-year career in this position. CCYJ seeks a candidate with 5-10 years of experience (mid-salary range level).
- We are committed to a diverse, fully self-expressed workforce representing the communities in which we serve.
- We are committed to examining our internal structures, policies, and culture, identifying, and eliminating those aspects that promulgate racism
- Together we are transparent, accountable, respectful, and self-aware to foster belonging and a sense of community.
- We operate with an innovative and leading-edge mindset.
- We are purpose-driven and laser-sharp in the fulfillment of our mission.
- Our staff embraces a growth mindset; our development is essential to expand and grow our impact for children and youth in WA.
- We produce results, not reasons.
- We (believe) anything is possible.
- We believe everyone has something to contribute.
- We believe everything happens out of your relationship with other people.
- We are grounded in the premise that great ideas can come from anyone at any time.
- We believe people up to big things are going to make big mistakes. We own them, learn from them, and move on.
- We believe transparency is essential to a highly functioning organization.
To be qualified for employment at CCYJ, all employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or receive an approved exemption due to medical or religious reasons upon hire. A person is up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination if they have received all recommended doses in the primary series and booster when eligible.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We value a diverse workforce.