Diversity is a core value at Hope CommUnity Center. We are passionate about building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment for all staff, Board, community members, and volunteers. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges and to discover, design, and deliver creative solutions. Our goal is not only to improve the diversity, equity, and inclusion at Hope CommUnity Center but to advance equity and justice on a global scale.
Assist in the implementation of the College Access Program. Provide information and assistance to the local community in planning of careers and post high education. Increase awareness of the issues of racial justice, immigration, and socio-economic disparities by working closely with programs and community members to document and spread awareness of their stories.
Primary Job Functions
• Provide information to students, adults and parents regarding college admissions process including applications, testing, financial aid and high school preparation.
• Meet with students individually and in groups regarding the college admission process, and individual college options dependent on background and goals.
• Provide information about standardized tests necessary for high school graduation and college admission (SAT, ACT, PSAT, CPT, FCAT).
• Provide assistance in locating and using college/career information as needed for post-high school planning.
• Plan and implement career events (career days, Career Month, Teen Job fairs, or College Fairs). Arrange guest speakers from the local business community to present information regarding specific occupations.
• Schedule visits to local colleges and career-related events and opportunities for students to learn about higher education and vocational training and preparation.
• Provide Career/College informational presentations to community groups as needed. (Middle schools, high schools, Farm Worker’s Association.)
• Maintain lists of scholarships and other financial aids available; provide information concerning specialized scholarships and assistance in completing application forms.
• Provide assistance in completing the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
• Attend meetings, conferences and seminars to stay current on issues and trends in career and college admissions, higher education, testing and financial assistance.
• Familiar with career and post-secondary options, including admission requirements, financial aid and requirements for high school graduation
• Organized, self-directed, creative and motivated
• Deep passion and commitment to HCC’s mission.
• Patience, resourcefulness, compassion
• Good communication skills
Other Skills/ Abilities
Good listening skills
Communicates with others effectively, in person and in writing
Ability to relate to people of different age, cultures and traditions
Ability to prioritize
Collaborative and works well with a Team
Diversity is a core value at Hope CommUnity Center. We are passionate about building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment for all staff, Board, community members, and…
English and Spanish
English and Spanish
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org