We are looking for someone with strong writing and organizational skills who is enthusiastic about our mission to advance sexual and reproductive autonomy, choices, and health worldwide. This role will provide communications and administrative support across multiple projects in the organization: Free the Pill, Ibis’s campaign focused on moving birth control pills over the counter in the United States; abortion-focused projects; and Ibis’s organizational communications. In February, or as soon as public health conditions permit, Ibis will pilot a model of hybrid work where all staff (excluding permanently remote staff) will work from their local offices at least two days per week. Ibis requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This position will be based in the Cambridge or Oakland office, with the expectation of at least two days per week of in-office work.
Successful candidates will have exceptional administrative/organizational and interpersonal skills as well as a strong commitment to sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice and to racial justice and equity. Applicants should be adept at managing multiple projects simultaneously and committed to high-quality work.
• Create content and implement strategies across Ibis and Free the Pill social media; track performance metrics monthly.
• Develop digital materials for amplifying campaign work.
• Participate in the development, design, and dissemination of Free the Pill communication materials, including newsletters, emails, graphics, webinar recaps, and research and policy briefs.
• Participate in the improvement and implementation of communication and information-tracking systems including contact/member lists, outreach processes, and communication platforms.
• Support Free the Pill website redesign/overhaul and implement changes to other Ibis websites as needed.
• Contribute to coordinating logistics for internal and partner meetings and virtual and in-person events, as well as supporting conference submissions as needed.
• Provide support with notetaking, report writing, collation of materials, and tracking action items and project progress.
• Provide administrative and scheduling support.
• Conduct background research to inform project work and identify campaign opportunities.
• Manage, develop, and order Free the Pill and Ibis materials and swag as needed.
• Support other organization and project communications as needed.
• 1-2 years of experience, preferably in communications or campaign organizing or administrative support
• Passion for and experience advancing sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice
• Commitment to racial justice and equity
• Highly organized and detail oriented, approaches work with focus, creativity, and initiative
• Flexible, responsive to emerging needs, willing to adapt to change
• Self-motivated and resourceful, able to work both independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated time management skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and competing deadlines
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to proactively communicate about work progress and challenges, as well as write and proofread materials with accuracy
• Critical thinking skills, ability to interpret new information and make recommendations
• Strong computer and technological skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Zoom, and Dropbox; ability to learn quickly new programs and systems
• Familiarity with social media platforms and experience creating engaging content for different audiences
We particularly welcome candidates with:
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite products (e.g., Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop), Canva, or other design programs
• Familiarity or experience working in Drupal, Word Press, or other website content management systems
• Familiarity or experience with email marketing systems and/or social media marketing
• Experience managing webinar platform technology for public virtual events
• Experience working simultaneously on multiple teams, ability to pitch in on a variety of projects
We are looking for someone with strong writing and organizational skills who is enthusiastic about our mission to advance sexual and reproductive autonomy, choices, and health worldwide. This role will provide communications and…
Ibis’s generous benefits package includes: medical insurance, with most of the premium paid by Ibis; dental, disability, and life insurance; paid sick leave; a 403(b) retirement savings plan with employer contributions after the first year; four weeks of vacation per year; transit benefits; and professional development opportunities.
Ibis’s generous benefits package includes: medical insurance, with most of the premium paid by Ibis; dental, disability, and life insurance; paid sick leave; a 403(b) retirement savings…