International School of Brooklyn (ISB) is an independent, non-profit school that is known for its innovative and robust Pre-K 3 to 8th Grade French and Spanish language immersion program and International Baccalaureate curriculum. The ISB learning experience is driven by six core values: inquiry-based learning, diversity, global curriculum, language immersion, community, and international mindedness. Dedication to these values enables ISB to develop each student’s creativity, critical thinking, global citizenship, and intercultural understanding.
International School of Brooklyn is dedicated to ensuring that our school’s commitment to an inclusive and just world is reflected in all aspects of our school: in our classrooms, school culture, policies, and practices. ISB’s comprehensive commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion requires all staff and faculty members to engage in work, training, and reflection actively and thoughtfully around identity, anti-racism, and anti-bias. All staff and faculty members are expected to promote an inclusive and equitable school community.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and be open to learning about how implicit biases in race, ethnicity, gender identity, and socioeconomic class can shape curricula and pedagogy. Preferred candidates will have experience implementing anti-racist and equitable practices in their teaching and work.
Preschool PE - International School of Brooklyn seeks a dynamic, hardworking, self-directed part-time (with possibility of more hours) Preschool Physical Education Teacher for the 2022-23 school year and beyond.
The ideal candidate is one who understands and enjoys working with young children, who is passionate about physical education, and who inspires students to love those things as well. Other ideal attributes include commitment, patience, positive energy, a sense of humor, and ability to balance multiple roles and responsibilities.
Description of position
The individual will:
● Teach PYP physical education classes to Pre-K 3 and Pre-K 4 grades, through a transdisciplinary and inquiry-based curriculum, as part of the Primary Years Program of the International Baccalaureate, which requires training, planning, and assessment.
● Establish and maintain a safe, healthy, and challenging classroom environment.
● Collaborate and coordinate efforts with faculty and staff.
● Attend meetings and school events.
● Maintain a professional relationship with all constituents.
● Collaborate with the PE and Health Department in developing curriculum.
● Teaching experience, preferably in the independent school world; experience teaching in an IB school is a plus
● Knowledge of current best practices in physical education; degree or significant coursework in physical education is a plus
● Knowledge of current best practices in health education (ie. emotional, social, and physical health); degree or significant coursework in physical education is a plus
● Experience working with children between ages 3-5
● Strong communication and organization skills
● A supportive, student-centered approach and ability to differentiate instruction
● Preferred candidates must demonstrate a commitment to anti-bias and anti-racism work and be open to learning about how implicit biases in race, ethnicity, gender identity, and socioeconomic class can shape curricula and pedagogy.
Applying for this position:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and most recent resume to email@example.com, and include “PS PE Teacher” in the subject line of the email
International School of Brooklyn (ISB) is an independent, non-profit school that is known for its innovative and robust Pre-K 3 to 8th Grade French and Spanish language immersion program and International Baccalaureate curriculum. The…
Spanish of French is a plus
Spanish of French is a plus