NAF is a national network of education, business, and community leaders who work together to ensure high school students are college, career, and future ready. Since 1980, NAF has been partnering with high-need communities to improve outcomes for students by implementing NAF academies – small learning communities within existing high schools.
NAF’s educational design ignites students’ passion for learning and gives businesses the opportunity to shape America’s future workforce by transforming the learning environment to include STEM infused industry-specific curricula and work-based learning experiences, including internships.
NAF has grown from one NAF Academy of Finance in New York City to hundreds of academies across the country focusing on growing industries including: finance, hospitality & tourism, information technology, engineering, and health sciences. During the 2020-2021 school year, over 117,000 students attended 619 NAF academies across 37 states, plus DC, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. When high school enrollment declined during this time, we saw growth in student enrollment at NAF academies. In 2020, NAF academies reported 99% of seniors graduated with 87% of graduates planning to go to college. Our students are in under resourced communities, 17% are English language learners and 67% come from eligible for reduced lunch households.
NAF’s Innovation Team is laser-focused on reaching over 100,000+ new students in a few short years by creating impactful, engaging work-based learning products and career readiness innovations across web and mobile for students nationally. We’re growing a leading edge group of product and learning designers who work with partners, engineers, and teacher and student co-designers, to bring our visions to life. We wear many hats, ship on tight timelines, and have fun as we endeavor to have a huge impact. Join us!
This is a role for a trained product design and management specialist seeking mission-driven work aimed at equity of access to work-based learning and career readiness in K12 education. This person operates as both a cross-functional team leader and an individual contributor on a variety of products across the entire lifecycle. This person will start on a soon-to-launch interactive web platform in the K12 education and career readiness space, but will also contribute across a range of products and projects as they are greenlit. We’re looking for someone with excellent product design and technical knowledge, a strong ability to communicate and manage products and people, and who is deeply committed to and motivated by doing work that matters.
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
● Play a lead role in defining and executing go-to-pilot and go-to-market strategy across a small but growing number of products, as well as growth and scaling strategies
● Conduct market, quantitative, and qualitative user research and usability testing; synthesize data into product insights, personas, and user stories, and use them to articulate strategy, requirements, and roadmaps across product portfolio
● Drive product design and development, contributing directly (ie UX writing, prototyping, interaction and service design, testing, etc) as needed, across entire product lifecycle
● Help architect intuitive, scalable interactions and user-centered, research-supported workflows that drive engagement and students impact
● Contribute to product marketing strategy and execution (funder pitches, conference presentations, etc) as needed
● Support the exploration of emerging technologies for our product portfolio, including Web3, AR/VR/MR, AI, machine learning, NLP, etc.
● Lean in across a range of needs as we prepare product(s) for market
● Manage, coach, and support 2+ direct reports as the team grows
6 years or more direct experience building digital products, including mobile, in close collaboration with engineering, design, and marketing–from initial concept all the way through to post-launch optimization and growth, with a portfolio that reflects increasing skill, responsibility, and expertise
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
● Strong understanding of software engineering and web development concepts, analytics programs (Microsoft Clarity, Google Analytics, Hotjar, etc), prototyping tools, software testing and quality, and agile methodologies
● Excellent analytical and business skills, and customer empathy. Able to elicit, interpret and translate customer problems into viable solutions that deliver customer value
● Strong understanding of UX/UI, workflow design and specifications, product design conventions and frameworks, and usability (and accessibility) testing
● Skilled at planning, leading, documenting, and debriefing design sprints
● Highly skilled at managing product roadmaps and backlogs with ability to clearly communicate and document all aspects of the product management process
● Strong communications and project management skills; ideally with experience using tools like Asana, Lucid, and Miro to work on multiple cross-team projects at once
● Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable operating in ambiguity or with incomplete data
● Preferred experience working in a team that requires the wearing of many hats at once, as well as comfort with rapid feedback and iteration loops
● 3 or more years of experience successfully managing other people directly
● Strongly prefer experience with K12 education and ed-tech, or youth/workforce training; knowledge of gamification, microcredentials and badging, and other innovative learning practices a bonus!
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title, your first name and last name in the subject line.
NAF is a national network of education, business, and community leaders who work together to ensure high school students are college, career, and future ready. Since 1980, NAF has been partnering with high-need communities to…