The Program Associate provides vital program support for the Youth Advocacy Program at the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (CTFK). Under the Department of Strategic Partnership, this position supports and focuses on the growth, cultivation, and sustained relationships with youth, especially those that represent communities impacted by health disparities and inequities. This a full-time position, based in Washington, DC and reports to the Youth Advocacy Program Director. Currently, all staff are working remotely with reentry to the D.C. office anticipated in January 2022 under a Hybrid work model. All staff must be fully vaccinated.
· Strategizes & implements synergies and opportunities for shared growth between the Take Down Tobacco Program, and the National Youth and Young Adult Ambassadors network supporting Federal and State campaign engagement and other YA related initiatives.
· Drive engagement of federal, state and local Youth and Young Adult Ambassadors working on targeted policy campaigns.
· Provide technical assistance to youth advocates and coordinators throughout the year.
· Help manage youth advocates at TFK events/trainings.
· Support content strategy for youth advocacy digital properties including social media accounts, e-mail lists and blogs in collaboration with program manager and communications team.
· Track ongoing programming and technical assistance by documenting necessary metrics providing monthly briefing to the Director.
· Work with communications team to spotlight youth advocacy successes and youth advocate work on social media
· Supporting organization-wide cross collaboration with teams to identify youth and young adults, youth groups and leaders that represent communities impacted by health disparities and inequities in target cities, states and congressional districts; and
· Work collaboratively with other departments on special projects and other duties as assigned.
Support the Youth Advocacy Training Program’s Development, Implementation & Tracking
· In collaboration with the Program Manager, support the timely development, implementation and updates of training program content, including web content, online courses, in-person trainings and supplemental materials.
· Provides active and ongoing reporting support for TFK internal program monitoring and external partner engagement.
· Support the program manager with technical assistance to training program participants.
· Make presentations and conduct youth advocacy workshops and training sessions on behalf of TFK for youth advocates and advisors across the country as needed.
· Collaborates with the Program Manager on Training Program promotion and communications, specifically to adult and youth learner audiences within TDT.
Support Youth and Young Adult Engagement Initiatives; National Youth and Young Adult Ambassadors (Ambassador) Program, State Youth Ambassador Cohorts, and support with the Youth Advocates of the Year Awards recruitment and promotion.
· Support implementation of recruitment, training, engagement, and activation of Ambassadors in priority cities, localities, and states to achieve priority policy change outcomes.
· Lead all youth-facing communications for the Ambassador cohorts.
· Lead in the implementation of the Ambassador Program supporting an active network of over 100 youth and young adult leaders from across the United States.
· Support the planning and implementation of the Ambassador program, including transition to digitally-focused content delivery and expansion to train, engage and sustain multiple cohorts on a local, state and national level.
· Optimize documentation and tracking of the expanded Youth Ambassador cohorts, to enhance and highlight opportunities and direct advocacy actions.
· Lead the development and implementation of ongoing distance-based training of Ambassadors through monthly briefing, online trainings, webinars, and conference calls.
· Support in the recruitment and promotion of Youth Advocates of the Year as well as planning of subsequent Youth Advocates of the Year Awards (YAYA) Gala needs.
Work cross-collaboratively with other TFK departments, supporting Ambassador engagement
(Coordinating on TFK’s local, state, national, and tribal advocacy activities)
· Coordinate with advocacy teams to identify youth groups and leaders in target cities, states and congressional districts for calls to action as needed.
· Facilitate timely placement, and at times development of youth advocate Letters to the Editor and Op-Eds to support advocacy initiatives in collaboration with the Program Manager and Communications team.
· Facilitate youth engagement in TFK digital advocacy campaigns.
· Facilitate youth engagement in local town halls and in-district meetings as needed.
· Follow-up with Ambassadors as needed, supporting timely engagement with ongoing advocacy initiatives.
· Excellent communications skills - writing, general and group engagement, and social interaction (some public speaking may be required).
· Ability to operate independently within a team environment and with only general supervision.
· Ability to juggle multiple projects with varied deadlines.
· Sound organizational skills and detail-orientation.
· Ability to remain flexible and modify priorities as needed.
· Significant experience with Microsoft Office and social networking tools.
· Commitment to the issue of tobacco control.
· Excellent creative thinking skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, political science, or related field.
· 1-2 years of professional experience doing similar type of work.
The Program Associate provides vital program support for the Youth Advocacy Program at the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (CTFK). Under the Department of Strategic Partnership, this position supports and focuses on…
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, including salary expectation, and attach your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Please reference the position code: PAYA/03 in the subject line of your email. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, including salary expectation, and attach your resume to: email@example.com . Please reference the position…