The State Strategies Manager supports state and local policy advocacy, culture change efforts, network development and other strategies that advance abortion access at the intersection of economic, immigrant, and racial justice. They will implement these strategies in close coordination with the Senior State Strategies Manager, other staff, consultants, and partners. The State Strategies Manager will support the development of state specific policy and strategies that support abortion justice. As a member of the All* Above All team, they will also participate in campaign-wide events and programs as requested. This position reports to the Senior State Strategies Manager.
Responsibilities and Tasks
● Provides policy advocacy and strategic communications support to state and local partners, which may include: implementing proactive policy campaigns; building and strengthening coalitions; drafting policy materials, messaging, talking points, digital copy, and toolkits.
● Tracks and analyzes state and local abortion justice legislation and other efforts and keeps colleagues, partners, and coalitions informed and updated.
● Provides written and verbal analysis on what is working or not working in different states/cities.
● Develops and manages relationships with state and local partners and represents All* Above All in coalitions.
● Tracks and assesses objectives and benchmarks across the different states/cities; as needed, coordinate with Senior State Strategies Manager, other staff, and consultants to document progresses and challenges.
● Speaks publicly at national, state, and local forums and meetings.
● In normal circumstances, this position requires travel (up to 50%) to various states and cities for coalition, legislative, and campaign team meetings. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, mission critical travel is currently optional and voluntary.
● To center the safety and well-being of its employees, New Venture Fund requires that any employee who is required to conduct in-person activities for their job must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 within four weeks of their start date. This position may require candidates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Accommodations may be sought and approved in accordance with the law by contacting human resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Other tasks as assigned by the Senior State Strategies Manager.
● All employees of NVF are required to complete timesheets.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
● At least three to five years’ experience at the state and/or local level with coalition building and management, policy advocacy, political and government affairs, communications, and/or organizing and movement building strategies within reproductive, economic, immigrant, and/or racial justice movements and organizations.
● Expertise and knowledge of abortion and reproductive justice policy issues and state landscape.
● A commitment to reproductive justice and ensuring access to abortion for all people.
● A track record of developing and maintaining meaningful working relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders.
● Excellent written and oral communications skills.
● Ability to multitask and shift priorities; aptitude for working under tight deadlines amidst competing priorities.
● Ability to excel in a team-based, participatory environment as well as work autonomously and remotely.
● Ability to effectively project manage with attention to detail.
● Ability to manage up.
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
● An understanding of abortion access as an economic, immigrant, and racial justice issue.
● Experience working on issues impacting Black, Indigenous, and people of color; young people; and/or immigrants; or people struggling financially.
● Views culture shift, organizing, and movement building as key components of issue campaigns.
● Strong commitment to centering people of color and striving to be anti-racist.
● Values a shared leadership model.
The State Strategies Manager supports state and local policy advocacy, culture change efforts, network development and other strategies that advance abortion access at the intersection of economic, immigrant, and racial justice. They…
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% automatic contribution and a 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off. All* Above All also offers supplemental benefits like a home office equipment bonus, professional development funds, and paid sabbatical leave.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% automatic contribution and a 3% employer match on 401k contributions…
Submit a resume, cover letter highlighting additional professional or personal experience that informs your qualifications and interest in working at All* Above All, and three references to email@example.com, with subject line: State Strategies Manager.
Deadline for submission: three weeks after it’s posted
Submit a resume, cover letter highlighting additional professional or personal experience that informs your qualifications and interest in working at All* Above All, and three…