Calvary Women's Services is seeking part-time Resident Assistants to fill critical roles in our growing organization to further our mission to end women’s homelessness. Candidates should have a desire to combine their skills and experience in human services with their passion for empowering women experiencing homelessness in DC to transform their lives in a direct-service role.
As a Resident Assistant, you will join an energetic, collaborative team to create a safe, respectful environment for women living in Calvary’s housing programs. You will be responsible for ensuring the security and safety of the residence, offering support and assistance to women in the program, maintaining a respectful atmosphere and enforcing program procedures and rules. You will support the success of the organization by actively demonstrating Calvary’s core values – respect, empowerment, collaboration, diversity & inclusion, and excellence – on your team, to the women we serve, and to the broader DC community.
Calvary is hiring Part-time Resident Assistants for the following shifts:
There is the potential to pick up additional shifts to cover for other regularly scheduled Resident Assistants who request time off.
- Assist in the management of the facility operations and housing program during scheduled shifts
- Follow security measures to ensure accurate resident check in/check out, so staff is aware of who is in the building
-Offer assistance and support to residents
-Document all resident activities in a timely and thorough manner and ensure that client confidentiality is protected
- Make daily updates to logbooks and program documents, including attendance sheets, sign out sheets and staff logbook
- Provide support during emergencies including contacting appropriate staff, law enforcement, fire or medical personnel, as necessary and in a timely manner
- Enforce house rules and procedures including reporting violations and writing disciplinary notices and incident reports as needed
- Conduct walkthroughs of program space throughout shift
- Serve pre-made meals
- In the absence of a full-time staff member, follow medications protocol to ensure residents can access their medication in a timely manner
- Participate in staff meetings other activities contributing to the effective, efficient operation of Calvary
- Attend required trainings
- Assist with administrative and housekeeping tasks as needed
- Assist with receiving and putting away supplies and other deliverables
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability and attitude needed to deliver culturally competent services and work effectively in cross-cultural situations
- Ability to assess emergency situations and react accordingly
- Strong administrative skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to read and write English
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment
- Reliable transportation to and from work
- Prior experience in transitional housing or other residential program preferred
About Calvary Women’s Services:
Calvary Women’s Services offers holistic support to women experiencing homelessness in Washington, D.C. through housing, health, education, and employment programs. Our model is uniquely designed and proven to empower unaccompanied women who are survivors of domestic violence, are living with mental health conditions, or are in recovery from substance abuse disorders to transform their lives and end their homelessness for good.
Through Calvary’s personalized, trauma-informed services and with peer support, each woman identifies and builds on her own strengths to meet her goals for safe housing, good health, and financial independence. With 40 years of experience, we know our programs work: every five days a woman moves from Calvary into her own home with the skills and confidence she needs to succeed.
Calvary Women's Services is seeking part-time Resident Assistants to fill critical roles in our growing organization to further our mission to end women’s homelessness. Candidates should have a desire to combine their skills and…
Benefits for part-time employees include:
Benefits for part-time employees include:
In the cover letter, please specify the shift(s) that you are available.