Sea Education Association (SEA) is a non-profit educational institution and an internationally recognized leader in ocean education. Since 1971, SEA has educated students about the world’s oceans and current issues such as climate change, ocean plastics, and coral reef degradation through its experiential academic programs at the undergraduate, high school, and gap year levels. SEA undergraduate programs deliver college credit through association with Boston University. SEA has an onshore campus located on Cape Cod in the oceanographic research community of Woods Hole (Falmouth) and owns and operates two sailing research vessels: the SSV Corwith Cramer in the Atlantic Ocean and the SSV Robert C. Seamans in the Pacific.
SEA is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages applications from people of color, persons with disabilities, women, and LGBTQ+ candidates. SEA is committed to the development of a multicultural environment. We value input of multiple viewpoints and perspectives across the organization; our goal is to create an academic and working community that is rich in cultural, social and intellectual diversity.
This is a remote position with occasional required attendance at meetings, training and other events on our Woods Hole, MA campus.
The Institutional Relations Manager (IRM) is a key member of the enrollment team at SEA who is responsible for maintaining and growing relationships with colleges, universities, high schools, and other partners in support of student participation in SEA programs. The IRM serves as the primary liaison with study abroad, off-campus, and international program offices and staff for their assigned region, promotes SEA programs and opportunities for engagement, and focuses on student recruitment. The IRM will work from an approved location in the US with reasonable access to a major airport. Preferred locations include Midwest, Pacific Northwest, Southwest, or Southeast.
· Develop and manage relationships with colleges, universities, high schools, and other partners to accurately represent SEA programs
· Work with the dean for enrollment towards program approval at new and existing senders
· Identify opportunities for expanding partnerships and collaborative programming
· Maintain regular and effective communications with key contacts through phone, email, and in-person visits
· Serve as primary liaison to institutions in assigned region on routine matters related to study abroad/off-campus program participation
· Effectively use HubSpot CRM to track activity and develop strategy
· Develop comprehensive strategic student recruitment plan to generate leads and meet enrollment goals for assigned region
· Actively promote SEA programs through creative outreach, attendance at study abroad/gap/international program fairs, effective school visits, and virtual recruiting events
· Plan and participate in SEA information sessions, webinars, and other recruitment events
· Identify opportunities to increase recruitment of historically minoritized students
· Monitor applications from assigned schools and collaborate with the admissions team to facilitate student enrollment
· Conduct interviews with student applicants as needed
· Engage SEA alumni in recruitment efforts in collaboration with the alumni office
· Maintain an appropriate home office space and participate virtually in regular meetings
· Represent SEA at professional conferences and events
· Serve as point person on strategic projects, according to interest and expertise
· Provide input on website, print publications, social media, and other marketing content
· Plan travel and report expenses according to established guidelines
Benefits and Compensation
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $55,000, commensurate with experience. SEA offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance; retirement plans; flexible spending accounts; Aflac; vacation/sick/personal/holidays
How to Apply
DO NOT APPLY ON IDEALIST.
Please send cover letter, resume and three professional references to IRMsearch@sea.edu. Only application materials sent to this email address will be considered.
Sea Education Association (SEA) is a non-profit educational institution and an internationally recognized leader in ocean education. Since 1971, SEA has educated students about the world’s oceans and current issues such as climate change…
SEA offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance; retirement plans; flexible spending accounts; Aflac; vacation/sick/personal/holidays
SEA offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision coverage; life insurance; retirement plans; flexible spending accounts; Aflac; vacation/sick/personal…