About Brighter Bites
Brighter Bites is a nonprofit that creates communities of health through fresh food with the goal of changing behavior among children and their families to prevent obesity and achieve long-term health. Brighter Bites is an evidence-based, multi-component elementary school, preschool, and summer camp program that utilizes reliable access to fruits and vegetables, nutrition education, and consistent exposure to recipes and messages that feature fresh food. To learn more about Brighter Bites visit brighterbites.org.
The Program Associate works primarily at assigned schools/sites in Prince Georges County, MD to support Brighter Bites’ outdoor, contactless produce distributions. This position is part time, requiring candidates to be available for approximately 2-3 days per week for a total of 10-15 hours per week. This position is expected to join a one-hour virtual team meeting every Monday. Weekly schedule will change from week to week.
-Manages groups of volunteers in the making of our produce bags as well as during the afternoon distribution.
- Works onsite to manage the produce distribution in collaboration with the site Program Coordinator.
- Ensure proper program implementation, including: managing outdoor or indoor, drive?through and walkup produce distributions, managing all supplies and materials, supervising and leading large groups of volunteers in the bagging of produce, and ensuring safety procedures are implemented.
- Assists the Program Coordinator with tracking Brighter Bites program components by maintaining accurate data and daily reports for each site.
- Constantly strives to engage families, site partners, and community members to create and maintain a welcoming, fun, and health-conscious environment at all times.
- Communicates with the Brighter Bites team to share successes and challenges for each assigned site and provides insight for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
-Ability to show proof of COVID vaccination. Brighter Bites will consider accommodations for disability and religious based reasons.
- Must be willing to follow and enforce CDC guidelines at all times, including but not limited to: wearing a mask, wearing disposable gloves, and social distancing.
- Advanced Spanish language skills a plus. Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Comfortable with giving presentations to small and large groups.
- Ability to manage large groups of people.
- Proficient computer skills, including comfort using phone/tablet apps and MS Office.
- Previous experience volunteering/interning with Brighter Bites or another non-profit is a plus.
- Desire to work with a mission-driven organization that shares the power of fresh food with others, especially children and families.
Operational and Physical Requirements
- Must be able to travel independently to school sites (travel stipend provided).
- Must be able to work outdoors, actively for 3-5 hours at a time and lift boxes and supplies 10-50 pounds each continuously on a daily basis.
- Must be able to bring and manage supplies to sites daily.
Start Date & Work Schedule
-The Program Associate will be assigned to schools/sites 10-20 hours per week as needed. Weekly work schedule will change from week to week. There may be weeks that will have little to no hours based on the county's school schedule.
- A typical day will include overseeing produce delivery, managing a group of volunteers to bag produce on site, and working with a Program Staff at a produce distribution to our school site families. The times for these distributions vary depending on produce delivery schedules and amount of produce at each site.
- A typical schedule is: Wednesday: 11am-3:30 pm Thursday: 1:30pm-3:30pm, Friday: 1pm-3pm or 11am-4pm, Produce Delivery and Distribution (subject to change)
- $17 per hour, for approximately 10-15 hours per week during active programming.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Carolina.email@example.com with “Program Associate” in the subject line.
About Brighter Bites
Brighter Bites is a nonprofit that creates communities of health through fresh food with the goal of changing behavior among children and their families to prevent obesity and achieve long-term health. Brighter…