Mission: Freedom to Thrive creates leaderful movements that center healing, wellness & safety outside of policing. We convene spaces of shared learning & political education for youth, women, trans & non binary people, through a pro Black gender affirming lens.
Job Title: The Digital Organizer is lead for developing and planning digital messaging and campaign strategy to further the vision and implementation of Freedom to Thrive programs and projects in Oregon. We are seeking a strategic, detail-oriented organizer with a strong desire to innovate, experiment. The ideal candidate must be comfortable developing and planning digital campaign strategy and implementing a variety of digital organizing tactics.
- Implement digital strategies to build and maintain our presence across social media platforms and other mediums.
- Monitor engagement across digital channels and tools, and recommend future strategies to strengthen FTT’s messaging and advocacy.
- Develop list-building activities to deepen engagement and expand FTT’s online presence
- Develop and execute visual and editorial content for FTT’s social media platforms and website.
- Work with the Team to create, plan, and update website content.
- Coordinate with multiple staff to co-design digital tools for trainings and online programming
- Learn, maintain, and continuously improve FTT processes and systems for outreach and engagement.
- Stay on the pulse of industry technology and innovative tools,
- Collaborate on strategies for expanding and improving online engagement.
- Use social media engagement to connect social actions to advocacy campaigns.
- Represent Freedom to Thrive as needed with current and potential funders, participants, and allies
- Develop relationships and coordinate a network of partners in Portland
- Upkeep of administrative systems and database
- Participate in team meetings and planning sessions, as needed
- Team Support with:
- Facilitation for meetings and trainings
- program planning
- implementation of local events and national activities, as needed.
- developing relationships with potential coalition members, allies and endorsers
- coalition meetings, calls and work group meetings
- fundraising as needed
- Alignment with mission, vision, and goals of Freedom to Thrive, and a strong political commitment to social justice
- Must reside in Portland area
- A minimum of 3 years experience in digital organizing in social justice, community and/or distributed organizing contexts, preferably within local, state, and national models.
- Experience growing and managing digital membership base, digital communications, digital engagement, or digital marketing strategy.
- Effective writing, editing, and verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience and proficiency with using a variety of digital organizing tools, platforms, and content management systems and a willingness to learn new systems.
- Experience with Mac operating systems, Google Suite, and MS Office Suite (especially Excel and Word).
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Lived experiences a member of 1 or more of the following communities:
- Individuals who have been incarcerated or detained
- Differently abled
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends when needed
- Experience working collaboratively, as a thoughtful team member who acts in alignment with your integrity
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, manage time and work independently
- Ability to represent Freedom to Thrive in a variety of settings
- A commitment to engage in transformative practices as a tool to resolve conflict and further develop your role in the organization.
- A commitment to engage in healing justice and create a self-care action plan, integrating personal and organizational health and wellness services
We prioritize an organizational culture of wellness, healing and transformation, and work hard to maintain this through a shared commitment to trust-building work and principled struggle. We embody practices of communal accountability as a means to resolve tension and grievances, and provide safety for our team members. Although we do not require past experience in such practices, we do ask for prior consent in the form of an agreement to honor and support the continued development of these practices.
In an effort to embody our deepest values and Pro-Black principles as we support and care for our people, we offer benefits and policies that are specifically designed to meet the needs of the most vulnerable and also honor each of us as impacted individuals. We are offering a salary of $50,000 - $55,000 plus a robust benefits package, including time off, dental, life, health reimbursements and wellness benefits.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com