RAND is currently seeking a Facilities Supervisor to join our Facilities Services and Operations team in Santa Monica. Under the general direction of the Facilities Manager, the Facilities Supervisor will develop and supervise support staff, services and support activities for the Facilities Services and Operations department. This function provides support for operational services in a fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment. This position is a hands-on, working supervisor position, charged with providing efficient and cost-effective facilities operations and highly responsive internal excellent customer service both locally and across RAND sites. This position is office based.
- May perform any or all of the following duties:
- Supervise the Facilities Services responsibilities including mail services, move services, visitor services, offsite storage, office supplies, Service Desk and telephone operator services and transportation management
- Develop, improve and maintain key processes and procedures, tools, metrics and systems for facility operations and work management
- Work with the Santa Monica Facilities Manager as well as Managers and Supervisor at other sites, in conjunction with other departments to effectively complete challenging, time critical construction, renovation and project initiatives throughout the office
- Gather, collect, record, track and verify data and information from multiple sources. Compile, review and analyze data to maintain metrics in support of business decisions
- In conjunction with the Manager, strategically plan staff levels, interview/hire new employees, motivate, mentor, coach, train and develop Facilities staff and promote opportunities for future growth within RAND
- Prepare and review status reports on space utilization and assure space plans are accurate within the CAFM system
- Undergo Employee Transportation Coordinator certification to conduct and prepare annual commuter survey
- Create purchase requisitions, develop RFPs and approve and prepare invoices for processing
- Liaise with outside vendors and assure quality service and support is being provided
- Create strong partnerships with Security and Safety, Conference Services, Information Services, Research Administration Organization, Researchers, and other groups in support of the RAND mission
- Other duties as assigned
- PC proficient, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Visio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Work order management system experience
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Able to work flexible hours (including some evenings and weekends)
- Must have a valid Driver’s License
- FMP, CFM or other professional designation preferred
Bachelor's degree preferred but not required
At least 6 years relevant experience required. At least 10 years relevant experience preferred.
Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. government security clearance at the Secret level is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/vet