Position: Senior Director, Marketing and Communications
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Elissa Maier, COO
Department: Marketing and Communications
Location: NY or Remote
Prizmah is the network for Jewish day schools across North America. We partner with day schools, yeshivas, philanthropists, and communities from all denominations, helping them grow their reach and impact and tackle the challenges on their paths to success.
Educating our children is the most important investment we can make in their future. Jewish day schools inspire and nurture young people, prepare them for remarkable and meaningful lives, and enable them to thrive.
Prizmah enhances the ability of schools to excel. Prizmah is building networks for schools and their supporters to connect, learn and drive impact – deepening talent by investing in professional and lay leaders; catalyzing resources to generate funding for schools to flourish; and accelerating educational innovation, to foster teaching and learning opportunities that empower students.
At Prizmah, we see what is possible for Jewish day schools, and we're passionate about making that vision a reality.
The senior director of marketing and communications will be responsible for designing and implementing an integrated marketing and communications plan to promote the programming and mission of Prizmah as well as the importance of Jewish day school and yeshiva education across North America. This results-oriented team player will oversee all branding, marketing and communications strategy, and will ensure consistency in messaging and visual representation across all of Prizmah’s work.
The senior director of marketing and communications will oversee a team of staff and consultants, with at least one direct report and additional support to support the ongoing growth of the work.
- Develop and implement a strategy to advance the message of the value of Jewish day schools
- Create comprehensive marketing and communication strategies to promote the work of Prizmah.
- Set and manage Prizmah’s marketing plan, including press and thought leadership
- Expand and manage Prizmah and the field’s profile in the media
- Lead the process through which all institutional communications and collateral are created, including the website, e-newsletter, promotional materials and support for development
- Ensure consistent communication of the organization's image and position both within the organization and externally to all constituencies
- Manage the marketing budget, and make informed decisions using data analytics
- Oversee website content and design on an on-going basis
- Work with the marketing associate to enhance social media strategy to expand reach and build Prizmah and day schools’ online presence
- Work with a team to promote thought leadership and media presence for Prizmah and day schools
Development and Program Support
- Plan and launch marketing and communication initiatives designed in collaboration with the development and program team
- Work across the organization to prioritize the varying goals and agendas of the departments and ensure that a unified vision is presented
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 8 years of experience successfully managing marketing functions or marketing professionals
- Experience with marketing, communications and thought leadership, online marketing, digital and social media, and public relations
- Demonstrated ability to lead both the longer-term vision and near-term execution of assigned work
- Attention to detail and a proven track record in brand development and execution
- Capacity to work with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, and manage in a remote environment
- Strong commitment to the mission of Prizmah, familiarity with Jewish day schools a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and projects, and to meet deadlines
- High energy, positive, “can-do” attitude, flexibility, good sense of humor, experience leading and being part of a team
What We Offer
- Prizmah offers an excellent benefits package that includes comprehensive health insurance with a range of plans to select from, matching contributions to 401k, flexible spending accounts, vacation and sick time, and parental leave.
- Prizmah is committed to and support individual support and professional development.
- Early close on Fridays for Shabbat and on the Erev (eve) of other Jewish holidays. Closed for Jewish Holidays.
- Flexible hours.
- A work environment that prioritizes building a strong work-place culture. We value learning and professional development. You will be a part of a great team that cares deeply about the work we do and each other.
- Competitive salary in the non-profit field in the range of $130,000 – 145,000.
Prizmah’s salary ranges are based on education, experience and skill set required for each role. If your salary expectations are different and/or you have more experience than required, let’s talk.
- Prizmah values the health and safety of our community. We also prioritize the need for opportunities for our team to meet and work in-person. Prizmah staff are required to show proof of full vaccination (including a booster shot) for Covid-19.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include your name and Senior Director, Marketing and Communications in the subject line.