is looking for a Marketing Associate to deepen our engagement with our audience.Spectrum
is an autism news site intended for scientists, although we are also read by many non-scientists.
Marketing Associate's primary role will be to engage researchers and clinicians who study autism and treat autism with Spectrum
's award-winning content. Reporting to the Director of Engagement and Marketing, the Marketing Associate will execute Spectrum
's strategy in these areas, and work with the rest of the team to ensure that Spectrum
is reaching its specialized audience that includes neuroscientists, neurologists, and policymakers.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and support Spectrum's engagement and marketing strategy
- Collaborate closely with Spectrum's editorial team
- Create and deliver engagement reports based on qualitative and quantitative metrics
- Liaise with Simons Foundation colleagues in similar roles
- Perform any other duties or tasks as assigned or required.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Science background preferred
Related Skills & Other Requirements
- At least three years of experience in engagement and marketing roles
- Experience in journalism, or working at journalistic outlets, preferred
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable to quickly changing priorities
- Must demonstrate ability to manage detailed projects and track progress appropriately
- Experience and facility with content management systems and marketing and outreach tools, such as Google Analytics, Parse.ly, and Omniture, as well as understanding of user experiences
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Sound judgment and exceptional ethical standards
- Comfortable working independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as needed
THE SIMONS FOUNDATION'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
- Please submit a resume and cover letter stating your interest in the position.
Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment.The Simons Foundation actively seeks a diverse applicant pool and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic disposition, neurodiversity, disability, veteran status, or any other protected category under federal, state and local law.
<img src="https://www.click2apply.net/v/aQdkYQTbeoWqKhgyzsX6qn" />