The National Digital Inclusion Alliance (NDIA) is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified Policy Manager (or Associate) to help lead NDIA’s expanding portfolio of state support projects and federal policy initiatives. A strong candidate will possess the right combination of digital inclusion expertise, creativity, a collaborative spirit, and self-motivation; and will have a passion for advancing digital equity policy at the federal, state and local level and supporting state governments as they implement the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
Strong candidates who meet some but not all of the skill or experience qualifications for the Policy Manager are encouraged to apply and may be considered for a Policy Associate position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in development of toolkits, guides, templates and written support materials for state governments and digital equity leaders.
- Supports the policy director in developing and conducting trainings, presentations, webinars, and workshops for state governments.
- Assists with drafting public comments for submission to federal agencies.
- Researches state and federal policies.
- Provides analysis and summarizes federal and state policies for NDIA community in a variety of formats including but not limited to blog posts and presentations.
- Responds to NDIA affiliate requests for guidance and information about state and federal policy activities
- Represents NDIA in meetings, presentations, and conferences both remotely and in-person.
- Assists with staffing of events including the annual Net Inclusion Conference as requested.
- Assists policy director with administrative tasks such as drafting agendas and scheduling meetings and other tasks as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience, including experience planning programs and projects from start to completion, delegating tasks, setting deadlines and milestones.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Easily adapts to a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Expert self starter who can work independently and collaboratively.
- An innovative mindset with great problem-solving abilities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong collaborator and team player.
- Avid learner who is eager to gain new knowledge and skills.
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of work.
Additional Desired Skills (like-to-haves):
- Public sector work experience or experience partnering with government agencies
- Experience managing digital equity work, or experience serving in a leadership role with a digital inclusion coalition
Compensation and Benefits:
- Annual Salary:
- Policy Manager - $69,000 - $83,000
- Policy Associate - $48,000 - $63,000
- Health Insurance Offer
- Flexible Work Schedule
- 401k With Employer Matching Contribution
To apply for this job please upload a resume and cover letter.
One of the digital inclusion field’s greatest strengths is the diversity of those doing the work and of the people we serve, and to best support the field, NDIA strives to reflect that diversity. Our work is made better when our team can draw on a wide range of personal experiences and backgrounds, and when each member is open to learning from the experiences of others, both internally and externally.