The Customer Service Associate will provide professional, timely, and accurate responses to donors’ queries via email or phone, ensuring that donors are treated respectfully and with due diligence related to Grassroots, Annual Giving, and Major Gifts. In addition, the Customer Service Associate will be pro-active regarding donors’ automatic credit card payments, voicemails, emails, database updates and any correspondences incoming during non-business hours.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meeting service performance and transaction standards for Customer Service and striving to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Answer telephones; provide positive initial contact and follow-through to meet requests or solve donor concerns, as well as “upsell” when opportunity arises.
- Handle donor correspondences (i.e., voicemails and emails).
- Record phone donations and deliver the appropriate forms to the Data Processing Center for processing.
- Provide instruction to callers on how to donate by mail or online.
- Research and solve donor(s) issues.
- Provide information to units, members, donors and prospective members/donors on current programs.
- Follow up on rejected credit card transactions and credit cards that are about to expire.
- Outreach to donors on fundraising matters and demographic information as required.
- Complete short-term assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years equivalent experience.
- Ability to work with both professional staff and volunteer leadership.
- Familiarity with and/or willingness to adopt new technologies.
- Ability to transition easily from one activity to another.
- Ability to multi-task, managing multiple concurrent projects, while meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to pay close attention to detail.