About Celebrate Fairfax, Inc.:
Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. (CFI), 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is a staple in the Fairfax County community and has been for nearly 40 years. CFI’s purpose is to build a sense of community for those in and around Fairfax County. The organization brings people, businesses, and other entities together to create lasting impressions through numerous types of engagements. CFI strives to add tangible and intangible value for the community and celebrates the successes of their partners; the organization’s human centric expertise enables them to offer seamless experiences and develop lasting relationships with the members of the community.
About the Position:
The Program Coordinator is a detail-oriented person with experience working in a collaborative fast-paced environment and is responsible for implementing and overseeing events and programs. A successful candidate must be a creative, and solutions-focused thinker, with strong executional prowess to bring concepts to life, and able to implement plans from conception to completion. The Program Coordinator provides support across the spectrum of CFI’s services and events.
- Facilitate daily operations for the PARC at Tysons, including but not limited to venue set up, audio visual equipment, deliveries / pick-ups, etc.
- Effectively establish and sustain excellent relationships with external stakeholders (donors, event sponsors, guests, and vendors), as well as internal stakeholders.
- Research and identify potential vendors, solicit bids and enter into vendor contracts.
- Provide site visits, pre and post walk through, and coordinate maintenance and cleaning issues.
- Assist in creating and sending out marketing collateral for the PARC at Tysons and other events.
- Coordinate all aspects of pre-event production, onsite event management, and post-event breakdown.
- Operational lead for vendors including exhibitors, food/beverage, audio, lighting, tents/staging, staffing, etc.
- Oversee and execute multiple events from beginning to end, often occurring simultaneously.
- Collaborate with the team to develop events and activations to increase engagement and community building efforts at the PARC and around Fairfax County.
- Support all CFI events, and programs including board meetings, high profile events, pop-up activations, etc.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Required skills and experience include:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, public relations, or events management is preferred.
- Must have 2+ years proven track record in similar role.
- Strong organizational and administrative abilities, including significant experience in use of Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, able to handle multiple vendors, agencies and other groups at once.
- Outstanding communication skills, including written, verbal, and interpersonal communication.
- Ability to lead and coordinate volunteers and work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong work ethic with the ability to effectively problem-solve and multi-task.
- Due to the physical rigors of the event work, the employee is expected to be able to lift 25 pounds or more and stand for long periods of time.
- The selected applicant will be expected to be available to work in the evenings, and weekends for events.
- Familiarity with CFI’s events is a plus.
- Must have own transportation.
- This is an in-person position. Travel will be between the organization’s offices located in Tysons, Virginia and Fairfax, Virginia as well events located around Fairfax County.
Salary and Benefits:
- The position salary is competitive to commensurate with experience with the range between $30,000 - $40,000. The selected applicant will additionally receive, in lieu of health benefits, an amount equal to 10% of his/her salary to offset personally acquired insurance or incurred medical expenses, used at the employee’s discretion.
- Additional benefits include annual/sick leave and contribution to a 403(b) after a 6-month probationary period.
- It is the policy of Celebrate Fairfax, Inc. to prohibit discrimination based on race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its employees.
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
How to Apply: