ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracks all violations on RiseBoro buildings and coordinates necessary work until their abatement, certification of completion, and closeout
- Maintains log of all FDNY certifications held by RBMC staff and tracks/schedules renewal testing.
- Promotes certification of all applicable RBMC staff for various FDNY certification to include S11, S12, S13, S95, S78, P95 and P99 as appropriate.
- Monitors HPD, DOB, FDNY, DEP and other government agency violations across portfolio confirms removal of violation on a timely basis.
- Tracks all DOB compliance including Local Law 11, 84, and 87 and others as required or may be required by NYC DOB Code.
- Uses independent discretion to negotiate settlement of fines/fees and other penalties associated with HPD, DOB, FDNY and other government agency violations. Attend hearings as necessary.
- Holds S12 and other necessary certifications for all agencies to monitor code compliance. Performs work associated with these certifications as necessary
- Manages Annual safety mailings (e.g., lead paint and window guard notices)
- Manages Annual completion and submission of building registrations for NYC properties
- Prepares reports as required such as monthly violation reports.
- Creates work orders as needed
- Ensures work orders are completed in a timely manner
- Work to minimize building violations and makes sure any violations received are corrected and certified promptly.
- Supervision of Code Compliance Specialist
- Other duties as assigned
- Working knowledge of Section 8, (NYCHA and HPD) DHCR, Rent Stabilization Law, Rent Guidelines Board and Fair Housing.
- Experience with government agencies such as DSNY (Department of Transportation) , HPD (Housing Preservation & Development), DOB (Department of Buildings) FDNY (Fire Department of New York)
- Ability to interact effectively with applicants, tenants and with all levels of staff and management.
- Flexibility, creativity and initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional verbal and written organizational skills.
- Property Manager experience a plus.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
It is the policy of RiseBoro to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment. No individual will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, age, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, political or union affiliation, marital or partnership status, sex, sexual orientation or affectional preference, gender identity, familial status, genetic information or predisposition or characteristic, disability, status as a victim of domestic violence, status as a veteran or member of the U.S. military and related obligations, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, job placement, compensation, benefits, training and apprenticeship, employee development, promotion, demotion, discipline, transfer, lay-off and recall, and termination. RiseBoro makes reasonable accommodations based on religion and/or disability as required by law, and requests for accommodation are to be directed to the Human Resources Department.