We are a nonprofit corporation committed to the success of the individuals we serve. Adjoin provides services and advocacy for people with disabilities and Veterans. We serve more than 1,400 clients annually throughout the state ranging in age from 18 to 83 years. Our fundamental goal is to help people achieve a higher quality of life.
Our Mission- To create limitless pathways for people to belong where they live, work, learn, and play.
About the position:
Adjoin is looking for an individual to direct our new InFlight program. InFlight is an innovative online skills training program and teaches independent living, vocational, and social skills to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and other neuro-diverse learners.
The Director of Online Instruction will be responsible for helping develop and promote the program, as well as initially teaching the online courses. This is a hybrid position in which the individual will work either in the office or remotely and the schedule will be dependent on the scheduling of the courses, which may involve some evenings and weekends.
It is necessary for the individual to live in the San Diego area to regularly meet the in-person requirements of this position.
The Director of Online Instruction also:
· Assists in developing learning services design and general program structure.
· Identifies, implements, and manages online learning platforms.
· Design, develop, and share identified objectives and outcomes for all curriculum and courses.
· Uses existing curriculum to facilitate online courses and instruction to learners.
· Coordinates, schedules, registers, and provides instruction to students. Plans and monitors the day-to-day running of learning services to ensure smooth progress.
· Plans, directs, and implements marketing efforts for assigned service. Cultivates existing relationships and new relationships with the goal of marketing services, ensuring service growth, and access to services.
· Seeks and develops learning services partnership opportunities.
· Represents the organization at meetings, conferences, marketing and/or vendor fairs, as needed and appropriate.
· With HR support, recruits, identifies, interviews, hires, trains, schedules, supervises, and manages learning services support staff.
· Provides leadership and coaching to increase employee effectiveness and maintain adequate staffing for learning services. Solves disputes that arise between employees or departments and makes sure daily work is not hampered in any way. Supervises and empowers staff by providing constructive feedback. Ensures employee accountability to meeting all duties and requirements.
· Successfully manages human resources through effective and timely use of performance management activities, staff development and training. Ensures HRIS is up to date and accurate for all assigned employees monthly.
· Communicates and documents critical issues (i.e., HR issues, critical client, funder, etc.) to COO and HR in a timely and accurate manner.
· Creates and implements pre and post course student evaluations.
· Regularly observes learning services delivery to observe interactions, training techniques and quality of services being provided.
· Evaluates overall performance according to organizational objectives by gathering, analyzing, and interpreting data, metrics and developing and applying plans for continuous improvement.
· Once program is established, develops, designs, and implements new curriculum in accordance with Understanding by Design (UDB) principles.
· Ensures all program-related documents and reports, including the Quality Assurance Program, Newsletter, Funder reports and billing activities are completed in a timely manner/per agency guidelines and that assigned services are operating within budgets.
· Ensures services are meeting funder and auditing standards and successfully passes applicable audits.
· Maintains positive and respectful relationships and works collaboratively and effectively with all individuals.
· Works effectively with the CFO to develop budgets and to increases program revenues annually. Ensures fiscal health of the program, identifying measures/strategies to reduce operating expenses and increase revenues.
Supports fundraising activities of organization
· Master’s degree with proficiency in developing and implementing online learning systems and post-secondary programs.
· Significant and proven experience supporting people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities and Mental Health challenges.
· Proficient Technology Skills including video conferencing skills, electronic presentation skills, multi device knowledge (cameras/smartphones/tablets), computer operating systems literacy and installation, computer security knowledge, file management, email management, database, and spreadsheet skills.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience supervising employees and an understanding of Human Resources best practices.
· Superior interpersonal, time-management and organizational skills.
· Excellent written and communication skills with ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from students, employees, regulatory agencies, or others.
· Work effectively in team environment and independently, as applicable to the assigned duties.
· Must be dependable and flexible in meeting the needs of the students and the organization.
· Capability to oversee and monitor learning program budget.
Insured, registered vehicle in safe working condition, and proof of current CA driver’s license.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
All Adjoin employees are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
We are a nonprofit corporation committed to the success of the individuals we serve. Adjoin provides services and advocacy for people with disabilities and Veterans. We serve more than 1,400 clients annually throughout the state…