Summary of Job Accountabilities
The Office Administrator is someone who is extremely organized and is able to prioritize and handle a large number of requests. The Office Administrator plays a critical role in supporting all the staff as well as interacting with Give2Asia’s donors, partners, and the general public.
The Office Administrator must demonstrate strong communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills, and a commitment to facilitating philanthropy in support of vital, sustainable communities in Asia. Previous work or volunteer experience with non-profit is a big plus.
- Answer general inquiries via phone and e-mail and direct them to the appropriate department.
- Process gifts and donations via Salesforce, and use Conga Mail Merge to create and send donor tax receipts and acknowledgment letters.
- Travel to the office at least once a week to collect donor checks to be processed.
- Serve as the point person for office mail, mailing, shipping, purchasing office supplies, ordering business cards, and managing office equipment.
- Support HR processes around annual reviews, new hire and intern onboarding, and employee departure to ensure all required steps are completed on time.
- Manage posting of open positions and internships for all departments and conduct initial screening of candidates as needed.
- Upkeep data on Salesforce and Box database as required.
- Schedule and organize office events and activities, including staff meetings, birthdays, and holidays.
- Support daily activities of staff, including maintaining files, contact lists and databases, providing logistical support and preparing materials for meetings, board polling, drafting donor communications, conducting research on individual and organizational prospects, and performing other general administrative duties as needed.
- Assist in updating Give2Asia’s website, social media content, and marketing material.
- Prepare for quarterly board meetings: assemble board book and grants docket.
- Participate in the development of overall objectives and long-term goals of the organization; identify and recommend productivity improvement opportunities.
- Attend conferences, webinars, and engage in other learning activities in an effort to continually improve individual skills and Give2Asia’s programs and operations.
- Stay abreast of all G2A programs, partners, and events.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Fresh graduates are welcome to apply. Previous experience in office administration, data entry, or customer service is a plus. This could be a great position for someone re-entering the workforce or looking to gain experience in the philanthropy sector.
- Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area and be willing to travel to the office in Oakland at least once a week for specific admin duties.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with others in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of standard office software, and the ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with communities in Asia.
- Interest in the philanthropy sector.
Benefits & Culture
This is a full-time entry-level position based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Give2Asia’s office is located in Oakland, CA. We work remotely, and the office administrator is required to go in to the office (located near 19th Street BART) for specific admin tasks at least once a week.
Salary range: $40,000–$45,000 annual
Give2Asia offers generous benefits for full-time, US-based employees, including:
- 403(b) retirement account with automatic employer contribution (10% of salary, vests after 1 year)
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage with your choice of Kaiser or PPO
How to Apply
Apply on our website to submit a resume and cover letter, PDF preferred. Must include cover letter stating why you are interested in working for Give2Asia.