As the Director of School Operations at Bold Charter School, you will be part of a mission-driven and outcomes-oriented organization focused on building world-class schools. You will join a team guided by the belief that building world-class schools depends on delivering operational excellence from the start and will work closely with school leadership to ensure that daily operations are executed at a high level. You will lead a growing team that is committed to building a strong sense of community, and to ensuring the school environment is immaculate, safe, beautiful, and one that promotes high levels of learning. You will receive regular coaching and feedback, and will have opportunities for professional growth within the organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with Bold’s school leadership and central operations teams to lead and manage school-based operations across Bold sites, including: facilities, health and safety, student enrollment and records, transportation, meal service, technology, inventory and procurement, family communication, and event logistics
- Strategically managing the team’s priorities, communicating regularly and effectively with stakeholders, and demonstrating a high level of ownership and accountability for all daily school operations
- Leading and supporting a team that ensures operational excellence and a high level of detail in all areas of responsibility; maintaining compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Developing and implementing systems and processes that support the effective daily operation of the school
- Contributing to a school environment that is joyful, engaging, and rigorous, and in which students love learning
- Modeling Bold’s core values and building a positive student and team culture across the school
- Demonstrating a mission-first mindset to ensure all decisions and actions are rooted in ensuring that all students excel
Successful candidates should:
- Be passionate about learning
- Be a person of high moral character and with well-developed emotional intelligence
- Have school operational leadership experience and the ability to inspire and coach a team to high levels of performance
- Demonstrate an ability to multitask effectively and prioritize strategically, with exceptional follow-through skills
- Have a keen eye for detail and proven experience developing and maintaining organizational systems and planning small and large-scale events
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to and alignment with the mission, beliefs, and values of Bold, and to going above and beyond the requirements of the job
- Have the ability to work within a fast-paced and dynamic team environment where responsibility for student success is shared and owned by everyone
- Hold a commitment to solutions-based problem solving and previous experience of such
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of achievement and leadership
The start date for this position is flexible.
Compensation is in the top 5% of salary rates of comparable positions across New York City charter schools, and includes a full benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bold Charter School is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.