The Creative Ladder, a national 501(c)(3) nonprofit recently co-founded by Ryan Reynolds, is seeking its first Programming Director. This full-time position is fully remote, and the salary range is $75,000-$85,000.
About The Creative Ladder:
Founded in 2022, The Creative Ladder is dedicated to making creative careers more accessible, especially for rising professionals from underrepresented communities and low-income backgrounds. The nonprofit offers student outreach, mentorship connections and leadership training and networking events for those beginning their careers in fields including advertising, marketing, design and commercial production.
The Programming Director oversees all of The Creative Ladder's outreach, educational and networking initiatives, which include outreach to students in a classroom setting (virtual or in-person), ongoing virtual leadership training programs for rising professionals, networking events in key U.S. cities, an annual two-day conference and a one-on-one mentorship network.
The ideal candidate will:
- Thrive in a growing, startup environment rich in opportunity for proactive, creative thinking
- Have a proven background in three core areas: curicculum development, program administration and event planning
- Be comfortable with public speaking and leading educational programs
- Enjoy leading educational programs through passion, relatability and engagement rather than dry delivery or corporate jargon
- Be a strong networker with an eye for identifying potential instructors or guest speakers on key topics
- Feel comfortable talking to a wide range of age/career levels, from high school and college students to rising professionals and executives
- Develop, lead and administer programs specifically focused on creative industries such as brand marketing and advertising.
- Understand the importance of constantly analyzing results and optimizing programs to make them more effective and sustainable over time
- Have a strong understanding of the marketing, advertising, design and commercial production industries.
- Have completed a workplace Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging certification or similar program
- Have direct experience with leading results-driven programs, preferably in areas such as career development or corporate diversity, equity and inclusion
- Be experienced at working with program sponsors and corporate partnerships
- Be passionate about uplifting talent of color, the LGBTQ+ community, immigrants and the children of immigrants, and other groups that have traditionally faced bias and unfair practices in the workplace.
- Minimum 5 years of professional program management experience, preferably in a nonprofit and/or educational space
- Direct experience with curriculum development and implementation such as for certification programs or professional lesson plans
- Excellent writing, communication and public speaking skills
- Significant computer proficiency including Macs and PCs
- Extensive experience with spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Experienced with working and managing projects remotely
- Famiiarity with website / CMS management preferred
- Knowledge of the lived realities of employment/workplace challenges faced by underrepresented groups—such as people of color, LGBTQ+ and immigrant families—preferred
- 401(k) with match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift, including occasional evening virtual events
- Monday to Friday, with exceptions for occasional weekend events