Summary: The Corporate & Foundation Engagement Coordinator will support the Corporate & Foundation team in all aspects of BGCB’s corporate and foundation engagement programs. The Coordinator will strengthen corporate relationships, manage corporate engagement activities, facilitate in-kind product drives, and participate in securing and sustaining institutional partnerships through activities related to the research, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate and foundation partners.
This position is based at our Main Office, 200 High Street Boston, MA and is eligible to apply for a hybrid (in-office and remote) work model. It is a full-time position, Monday – Friday, 9am-5pm with flexibility to attend events and meetings as needed.
Our Mission: The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Boston is to help young people, especially those who need us most, build strong character and realize their full potential as responsible citizens and leaders. We do this by providing: a safe haven filled with hope and opportunity, ongoing relationships with caring adults, and life-enhancing programs.
- Youth First – We keep children and teens at the forefront of every action and decision to elevate members’ voices.
- Integrity – We conduct ourselves with honesty and transparency and strive to do the right thing, every day, and every time.
- Community – We foster an inclusive culture by celebrating diversity and respecting the inherent dignity and worth of everyone.
- Equity – We commit to providing opportunities to create just outcomes that honor the needs, experiences, and values of our community, especially those with marginalized identities.
- Innovation – We apply a forward-thinking approach that encourages teamwork, adaptability, strategy, intention, and creativity to address today’s challenges and build positive futures for all members.
- Reporting to the Senior Director of Corporate & Foundation Engagement and working closely with the Assistant Director of Corporate Engagement, plan and implement an array of volunteer activities to support BGCB’s mission and achieve corporate partners’ goals.
- Work closely with Main Office and Club Operations team members to build strong corporate partner relationships and joint programs that benefit both the Clubs and the partners in activities including Club volunteer and engagement activities, workforce readiness, special programs, and other opportunities as they develop.
- Manage corporate volunteerism inquiries, schedule meetings with new and existing partners, and work closely with the Myra H. Kraft Director of Volunteer Services and the Assistant Director of Corporate Engagement to maintain a cohesive and coordinated volunteer engagement program, including executing corporate volunteer days.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, including the Senior Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to create a volunteer training protocol that will help prepare volunteers to execute a successful engagement activity.
- Plan and coordinate in-kind gift drives with BGCB’s Operations team and Club staff to supplement and offset program costs.
- Manage small portfolio of corporate partners, including proposal writing, cultivation, and stewardship activities. Assist with stewardship of corporate and foundation partners by arranging meetings and fielding special requests in a timely manner.
- Provide support for all members of the Corporate & Foundation Engagement team including general administrative support to the Assistant Director of Corporate Engagement, the Assistant Director of Foundation Engagement, and the Senior Director of Corporate & Foundation Engagement, as needed.
- Provide support for events, especially relating to corporate and foundation donors, and assist with private corporate events held at BGCB sites. Assist event team members as required.
- Work closely with Senior Director of Corporate & Foundation Engagement and the Assistant Director of Corporate Engagement to coordinate and track BGCB corporate sponsor benefit fulfillment, including monitoring and reviewing logo usage, invitations to annual events, engagement opportunities, media mentions and posts, and other recognition opportunities as they arise.
- Serve as the liaison to communications/marketing as needed to ensure that all corporate and foundation donors are properly recognized on BGCB collateral, both printed and digital, such as the Annual Report, Annual Dinner, House Party, and www.bgcb.org.
- Work closely with the Development Operations team to record and track gifts in a timely and accurate manner as required; monitor gift reports and reconcile revenue tracking as necessary; manage mailing list production.
- Manage the corporate and foundation acknowledgement letter process.
- Oversee the tracking of all institutional partner fundraising and volunteer activities in Raiser’s Edge; collaborate with colleagues to ensure that all Club activity is also tracked for institutional donors; enter and update information and monitor and maintain data integrity for corporate and foundation records.
- Research corporations and foundations to identify potential new partners with a focus on entities whose brand positions/mission focus reflect the mission of BGCB.
- Prepare briefings for senior staff in preparation for solicitations and meetings.
- Prepare and assemble materials for meetings and events such as CEO Coffees, Corporate Leadership Council breakfasts, Corporate Giving Committee meetings, industry specific events and others as they arise
- Compile and circulate a monthly calendar of upcoming corporate engagement events to the Development and Operations teams. Circulate to the Board and Corporate Giving Committee as appropriate. Obtain data to measure the success of corporate volunteer days and provide feedback to guide fundraising strategies.
- Ensure existing proposal materials are updated; draft proposals as requested Manage department volunteers or interns as applicable.
- Perform other duties as required.
General BGCB Expectations:
- Healthy Behavior Modeling – Teaching youth/teens the importance of living an active, healthy lifestyle is a BGCB priority. As a result, all staff is expected to model healthy behavior while working with our members.
- Inclusive Environment – BGCB values creating child-friendly environments, where youth/teens of all abilities can be successful and participate. BGCB expects employees to embrace its focus on inclusion of all members, regardless of disability or developmental challenge.
- Continuous Learning – Building the capacity of staff is central to BGCB. The organization encourages and requires that all staff participates in annual professional development opportunities that continue to cultivate their skills in the youth development field.
- Safe Spaces – Every staff member shares the responsibility for ensuring BGCB is, and remains, an environment free of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse.
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of experience in a related field
- Excellent communications skills with the presence and ability to represent BGCB to the corporate community
- Ability to work independently to manage multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Superior organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Leadership skills to motivate and direct large groups of volunteers
- Positive team player with the ability and willingness to proactively solve problems. Ability to solve problems on the spot in both Club and corporate event settings. Exhibits maturity and good judgement.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively across departments at all levels of the organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to maintain a high level of donor confidentiality and interface with Board members and corporate executives
- Flexibility to work occasional evenings, weekends or early mornings as needed
- Willingness and ability to travel between Main Office and local Clubs
- Eagerness to be part of a fast-paced, energetic Development team
- Commitment to BGCB’s mission
- Microsoft OS skills required; experience with PowerPoint and Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database preferred