Fair Share Housing Center, Inc. (FSHC) seeks a qualified and passionate candidate for the position of Communications & Development Intern, which will be part-time between 10-20 hours a week. The Communications & Development Intern will assist with day-to-day functions of the organization. The position will dually report to the Director of Advocacy and Communications and the Director of Development.
Founded in 1975 by plaintiffs, attorneys, and others involved in the landmark Mount Laurel litigation, FSHC fights to dismantle decades of racial and economic discrimination in local, state, and national policies that excludes people from the opportunity to reside in safe, affordable, and healthy homes and neighborhoods. FSHC’s work is grounded in the recognition that exclusionary land use policies are a form of structural racism that harm and disadvantage lower-income families, especially families of color; and perpetuate racial and economic segregation.
Our work has helped create over 70,000 homes affordable to lower-income families in communities that otherwise would have excluded them, with 50,000 more anticipated over the next decade. We also played a critical role in the national fight for fair housing as counsel in the largest settlement in the 50-year history of the federal Fair Housing Act, and by shaping federal policies around climate change and disaster recovery, affirmatively furthering fair housing, and federal housing funding. FSHC also has done groundbreaking work to address housing policies that disproportionately exclude families of color, including passing the first statewide bill to comprehensively limit criminal background checks in housing.
· Monitor New Jersey, regional, and national media to compile weekly internal news summaries.
· Develop and assist in maintaining press lists.
· Develop and assist in maintaining contact and donor lists.
· Assist in the development and maintenance of a content calendar.
· Assist in the creation of content for varied audiences.
· Conduct research on potential donors and foundations.
· Steward donors through responsive communication and gift acknowledgements.
· Identify and help manage opportunities for digital engagement.
· Catalogue press clips.
· Other communication and development projects as assigned.
· Strong oral, written, and editing skills.
· Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects.
· Solutions-oriented approach.
· Ability to work independently and as a team member.
· Commitment to racial and social justice.
Preferred but not required:
· Experience in writing, formulating copy, and editing.
· Experience with a content management system.
· Experience creating social media content and tracking digital performance.
· Graphic design experience.
Physical demands: This job requires some driving which could potentially be accomplished through taxi etc if driving is a problem for the candidate though many required meetings could be done via public transportation. The job does not involve any other unusual physical demands.
Fair Share Housing Center, Inc. (FSHC) seeks a qualified and passionate candidate for the position of Communications & Development Intern, which will be part-time between 10-20 hours a week. The Communications & Development Intern…
Fair Share Housing Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, women, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities. Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via e-mail to email@example.com.
Fair Share Housing Center, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from people of color, women, LGBTQ people, and people with disabilities. Interested…