A Faith That Does Justice (AFTDJ) is an interfaith organization that challenges people to experience God by living their faith intentionally in service to others. We do this by showing how unjust societal structures marginalize people and by acting to help those in need. Our vision is people intentionally living their faith in action.
A phone caller for AFTDJ is asked to call our followers to connect with them, thank them for their participation, and ask for their feedback, and for their support. The calls made are to inform people about upcoming events and programs, to ask for their assistance in promoting those programs, to seek other volunteers, to seek assistance from collaborating organizations on a specific project, and to seek financial contributions from prospective donors.
On each assignment, a phone caller will utilize an AFTDJ script and talking points and a call list with contact information. We welcome multilingual callers.
The duties and responsibilities of a phone caller:
• Delivering scripted talks that describe the purpose of the call
• Being a good listener, having empathy, treating each call individually and focusing on the other party
• Persuading the other party to act consistent with the purpose of the call
• Explaining the AFTDJ mission and vision
• Describing AFTDJ programs
• Answering questions about AFTDJ or referring questions to others in AFTDJ
• Obtaining the other party’s contact information such as name and address
• Recording highlights of the interaction with other parties, results of the call and requests from the other party
• Following up assigned calls that have not yet been completed
A Faith That Does Justice (AFTDJ) is an interfaith organization that challenges people to experience God by living their faith intentionally in service to others. We do this by showing how…