Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with the senior team members on program strategy, budgets, creative direction, and overall campaign development;
- Manage all aspects of direct mail, telemarketing, and e-fundraising management;
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact for all philanthropic inquiries;
- Manage and update budgets, costs, and reports for fundraising projects;
- Analyze response data and write final campaign reports;
- Maintain Acorn’s database of donors, including inputting data, de-duplicating contacts, and ensuring accuracy of data.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with teams;
- An orientation toward suburb customer service;
- Strong copywriting and copy-editing skills;
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills;
- Computer literacy and experience with Google Drive. Willingness to learn other platforms, like Slack;
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills;
- Detail-oriented approach with ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Commitment to empowering teachers and school administrators by elevating their voices and bringing to attention their efforts to support students and advance the education sector;
- Enthusiasm to learn and grow.
While Acorn appreciates anytime that a volunteer is willing to give, for this position we would like to see someone willing to commit at least 3-8 hours a week for 3 months.