At H.Y.P.E. to Empower, Inc., we are seeking individuals to be part of a team and work independently who have backgrounds or in school for graphic design, communications, and any other media-related fields.
H.Y.P.E. is looking for individuals who can conduct graphic design as visual storytelling that engages, informs, and inspires, through written and graphics. We are looking for highly creative individuals who can take conceptual ideas and create visual representations and written, both in print and electronic media.
Collaborating with multiple teams at our organization, the graphic designer and communications person should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design and concepts that connect to our audience and stakeholders.
Bonus H.Y.P.E. has Canva Pro and Adobe Suites for use if needed.
Objectives of this Role:
- Work on a wide range of projects and media, using various computer software to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals
- Obtain input from management, ensuring designs meet organizational standards and brand expectations express ideas accurately, and represent the company or client appropriately
- Work independently and cooperatively on multiple projects with the marketing team, meeting scheduling project implementation based on workload, which may include five or more simultaneous projects
- Examine existing processes, identify flaws and create solutions to improve design capabilities
- Update and maintain internal databases of designs, photography, and video
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams for a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, programming collateral, signage, internal communication, newsletters, and marketing materials
- Translate strategic direction into the high-quality design within an established brand identity
- Develop concepts by hand or with software, and execute original content determining ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout
- Manage the design and uploading process of all project material, understanding best practices for using a content management system
- Use trend intelligence and an understanding of the current and historical business and market to design and execute specific classifications
Time, Tools, Location
- We do not have set hours per week.
- We work off weekly check-ins. We expect you as a volunteer to manage your hours to meet check-ins.
- All Volunteering positions will be held virtual (Zoom)
- This is a remote volunteer opportunity.
- Meaning you can be located anywhere in the United States provided you have a computer and a reliable internet connection.
- This opportunity is flexible. However, we will work on the deadlines needed to ensure successful deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications and skills
- Be willing to experiment, comfortable trying new things, not afraid to fail, and interested in HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ matters.
- Microsoft Office
- Time management, Interpersonal skills, Strong people skills., Organizational skills, Ability to meet deadlines, and the Ability to work independently.
- Strong written communication skills: the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.