Assist our Communications Coordinator with various marketing and communications tasks such as copy-editing, research, writing, photography, minor graphic design, and/or campaign-specific tasks.
- Copy-editing may include checking the website for branding inconsistencies and accessibility issues, reviewing written pieces for print and digital media, reviewing graphics for proper branding protocols, and/or editing longform content with set deadlines.
- Research may include searching and compiling information for newsletters, blogs, graphics, presentations, and/or social media.
- Writing may include drafting portions of newsletters, blogs, or social media posts, transcribing recorded interviews, and/or providing captioning. (All written pieces will be given proper credit)
- Photography may include attending programming, events, and/or volunteer efforts held by DLNHC to document and take pictures. Alternative may be going out to sections of the D&L Trail or visiting Trail Towns to take photography for stock and social media usage. (All photographs will be given proper credit unless stated otherwise)
- Minor Graphic Design includes utilizing Canva (or your preferred design software) to create simple graphics for our Along the Corridor events newsletter that abide by a certain set of dimensions and contains a set of desired information. Other tasks may be assigned based on volunteer's interests and skillset.
- Campaign Specific: DLNHC is running a campaign 2023 called Faces of the Corridor. This volunteer position would work directly with the Communications Coordinator to provide an extra set of hands during interviews to assist with either audio recording, videography, photography, and/or copy editing.
Most tasks can be completed either in-person or through telework. Although a minor check-in meeting will occur at least once a week, regardless of the role taken. Minimum hours would be 5, there is no maximum.