The Pozez JCC seeks a passionate individual who will take on the role as our Adapted Basketball Coach. This individual will provide a safe and fun environment for children and teens (ages 5-18) with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities to learn the skills needed to play basketball.
· Create, explain, demonstrate, and implement drills/games to teach the skills and game of basketball
· Adapt drills if necessary for children with varying abilities
· Encourage all athletes to participate and give positive feedback
· Be creative and flexible
· Create a fun and safe environment for the athletes
· Experience teaching/working with kids who have intellectual/developmental and physical disabilities
· Knowledge of skills needed to play basketball (shooting, dribbling, catching, passing,
· Confidence to lead and manage a group of buddies and athletes through drills and games to learn skills to play basketball
· Create a positive, safe and fun environment for the athletes
· Has good communication skills
· Ability to engage kids with all abilities and adapt drills as needed
· Understand the different abilities of players
Coaching Adapted Basketball is a rewarding position that allows our players the chance to learn and participate in basketball drills, activities and games in an encouraging and fun environment.
Hours: Sundays, January-March 2022, 1pm-3:15pm.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive but is intended to be a generalized description of the primary job responsibilities and expectations. Management may change the job responsibilities and expectations based on business requirements.
This position description is intended to comply with all known state and federal regulations and includes accommodation re-evaluations and equal opportunity employment.
The Pozez JCC seeks a passionate individual who will take on the role as our Adapted Basketball Coach. This individual will provide a safe and fun environment for children and teens (ages 5-18) with intellectual and/or developmental…