International Human Rights Observer in Mexico
- Volunteer Opportunity publicado por Peace Brigades International Mexico Project
Fecha de inicio
Tiempo completo (30+ hrs/sem)
A largo plazo (6 meses - 1 año)
Volunteer with Peace Brigades International in Mexico!
Peace Brigades International (PBI) Mexico is a UN registered international non-governmental organization (NGO) that was founded in 1981. PBI has more than 35 years of experience in international accompaniment and has maintained a permanent presence in Mexico since 1999.
PBI’s mandate is to creates space for peace and protect human rights. Through international accompaniment, advocacy, support network building, communications and capacity building, PBI opens political space for human rights work and protects those who face risk for defending human rights.
Field team volunteers receive specialized training and support and spend a year working in our teams in northern or southern Mexico. They provide direct support to human rights defenders through physical accompaniment; the collection, analysis and dissemination of information on the human rights situation in Mexico; advocacy with Mexican authorities; and by providing capacity building in security and protection.
To collaborate with PBI, volunteers are asked to meet the following qualifications:
- Fluency in Spanish (written and oral);
- Previous experience working with social movements, collectives, or NGOs, especially in Latin America;
- Be available for one calendar year of volunteer service in our teams in Chihuahua or Oaxaca, Mexico;
- Understanding and commitment to PBI’s mandate and the principles of non-violence, non-partisanship, and non-interference;
- Ability and willingness to participate in all areas of PBI’s work: accompaniment, communications, advocacy, security as well as the administrative and maintenance tasks required to operate an INGO.
In exchange for their service, volunteers receive round-trip airfare to Mexico, room and board, a monthly living stipend, group psycho-social support, health insurance, and a repatriation allowance paid on successful completion of their volunteer service agreement.
Ofrece dinero para gastos
Application and reference forms, as well as additional information on the selection process and criteria are available only in Spanish from http://www.pbi-mexico.org/los-proyectos/pbi-mexico/involucrate/equipos-de-pbi-mexico/?L=1