As a GLD, you will in addition to the four hours of local tasks, complete another four hours per day as a member of multiple International Online Teams.
Your local tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide hands on help with the center's day-to-day operations
- Participate in a cultural exchange, organizing special games and activities with our children
- Preparing and teaching English classes to children
- Running community events and local maintenance projects.
- Be responsible for the management, design and implementation of community led projects linked to your academic and or professional skills and experience
- The International Humanity Foundation (IHF) has been active in Indonesia since 1984. Though each center has unique needs and challenges the primary goal of each is the same; to provide free supplementary education for children from economically underprivileged backgrounds. Volunteers who sign up to donate their time at one of our IHF Education Centers for the Global Leader Development (GLD) Program make a very real impact during their stay participating in the various tasks. Our centers in Indonesia operate free and open classes for students aged 5 to 18, taught by local teachers in congruence with international volunteers.
- You will have the exclusive opportunity to live and work in this diverse and beautiful country of Indonesia. You can experience anything from the white sand beaches and spas in Bali, to working amongst the international financial and technological giants based in Jakarta or between the jungles, lakes and volcanic mountains of Medan. Volunteers have the option to complete their program at any of IHF’s Indonesian Education Centers.
- Spend your free time exploring your surroundings. For more information on each center and what the location has to offer please explore our Tourism Guides below:
Manage local volunteers and shape their experience at our IHF Indonesian Centers
Your international online tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Budgeting and finance
- Donor relations and sponsorships
- Social media campaigns and fundraising
- Website development
Volunteers accepted to this program will have:
- Confidence using the English language (both spoken and written)
- A passion for international development with a particular emphasis on universal education
- Proficiency in Google Suite applications
- The means to live in country at one of our centers for the duration of your program
- An open-mind, with an interest in learning not just about the community, but from the elax and exploration of the beautiful and culturally rich region.
In addition to making a notable difference in the lives of the children we serve, you will also have access to the following benefits:
- Certificate of program completion
- Letter of recommendation upon request
- Acquire leadership and management capacities that will enable you to lead in the ever-changing global environment
- Gain practical experience in an NGO environment
- Interact with locals, experience a different culture, and build cultural awareness
- Join a global network of IHF volunteers and alumni
- Build a global network with people from diverse professional and backgrounds
Accommodation and meals, prepared by a local member of staff, are included in this program. Not included are your travel costs to and from our IHF Center, immunizations, travel insurance, visa fees, and any spending money you wish to bring with you.
Note: Due to the nature of our work with children, should your application be accepted we do require a clean criminal background check which is less than 1 year old.
At-Home Volunteers- Not sure if you are ready to travel and live as a volunteer at one of our centers? No problem! IHF is searching for At-Home Volunteers to support our mission remotely by committing 2-3 hours per week from their homes around the world. An At-Home volunteer should have access to a dependable computer, wifi connection, and experience with Google Suites applications is a plus.