Project Manager for Education projects needed in Sri Lanka
- Oportunidad de Voluntariado publicado(a) por Yes We Help
Fecha de inicio
Fecha de finalización
Tiempo completo (30+ hrs/sem)
A corto plazo (varias semanas/meses)
We are looking for a highly motivated Project Manager to ensure proper implementation and completion of Education Projects in Karapitiya, Galle (Sri Lanka).
Key activities in your role will include:
- Develop and maintain project plans. logical frameworks and detailed implementation plans (DIP)
- Develop detailed monthly/weekly implementation plans for your team of volunteers in order to achieve the activities in the DIP.
- Stay abreast of, and manage field operations as to, the prevailing security, cultural and social situation as per the guidance of the Programme Manager.
- Maintain project profiles for the specified sector.
- Adhere to the operational and management policies of YWH
Manage and Develop the Project Team
- Select, recruit and train teams.
- Follow and implement the Security and Health Protocols.
- Train the all project(s) staff providing them with a full induction on all relevant components of the projects.
- Manage conflict resolution and motivation exercises with the project(s) team in a proactive manner.
- Track and manage volunteer attendance.
- Organise, coordinate and supervise volunteer teams, providing continuous organizational support and conducting field visits on a daily basis.
- Conduct performance review of the project’s team.
- Keep liaison with the project teams and the management teams.
Maintain Comprehensive Records and Reports in a Timely Manner
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly internal and external reports.
- Track the progress of activities and outcomes as well as ensuring the tracking of relevant indicators.
- Completion of quality M&E reports.
- Have a Bachelor equivalent in Education, International Development, Political or Social Science, Economics, Business Administration or related field.
- Proven project management experience of upto 2 years in an NGO/ voluntary work/ humanitarian work or social services..
- Have excellent leadership skills.
- Have experience in managing teams.
- Have planning and analytical capacity.
- Have very good communication & training skills.
- Ideal candidate should have familiarity with educational projects.
- Excellent knowledge of English with Spanish highly desirable.
- You are able to remain calm under pressure and can easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- Have strong basic IT skills (Google Drive, MS Office)
Yes We Help offers a four-months volunteer opportunity with possibility of contractual extension. During these four months the organization will cover:
- Basic local salary
- Ofrece dinero para gastos
- Formación incluida
- Alojamiento disponible
- Apoyo cultural y con el idioma
- Voluntarios internacionales
Interested candidates should apply for this position by sending an updated CV (IMPORTANT max. two pages) and a cover letter to email@example.com . Closing date for applications: on or before the 10th June.