Night Owl Reconnaissance is looking for a Grant Writer to seek out funding opportunities for the organization and draft grant proposals. The volunteer would be responsible for understanding the organization's fundraising goals, working directly with the Board Treasurer. The job will primarily involve researching and identifying viable opportunities for funding, then preparing grant applications.
**Any level of experience accepted**
- Utilizing nonprofit and private foundation databases to research and identify viable grant opportunities.
- Drafting grant proposals and applications by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Developing proposals by assembling information, including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation.
- Writing, revising, and editing drafts, including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Meeting proposal deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, approval, and transmittal.
- Drafting written narratives to describe program goals and outcomes in a positive way.
- Communicating with donors and staff via email or phone.
- Staying up to date on job knowledge, by participating in educational opportunities and maintaining personal networks.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Time management and flexibility with job duties.
- Fundraising software and tools expertise.
- Creative, self-starter attitude.
- Donor and volunteer service mentality.