OLLAA is a nonprofit community-based organization that seeks to serve the socio-cultural needs of the Oromo people around the world. We are built on the following principle and goals: advocacy and diplomacy- to amplify human rights violations and encourage democratization; Youth leadership and Education-to connect generations; and women empowerment and cultural renaissance.
This role will assist the organizations many channels of information to ensure grammatical efficiency and editing of current content with the creation of newer publications for the community. The volunteer will work with all staff as needed for editing, content management, and proper translation resources.
· Edit articles, documents, and publications for proper English translations from incoming media sources and reports from the Afaan Oromo translation.
· Create content, when needed, relating to current coverage on issues pertaining to the Oromo communities.
· Draft press releases on behalf of new information and relevant events within the Oromo communities and the organization itself.
· Send press releases, reports, and other written information to social and news outlets as fast as possible with correct formatting.
· Other tasks as needed as the position develops and the organization grows.
· Excellent communication and writing skills
· Proficient in writing software
· Ability to create summary and content from researched-based sources to easily be consumed by different demographics of people so it will be easily consumable
· Research skills for information verification and related news sources
· Experience in government communications is helpful, but not required
OLLAA is a nonprofit community-based organization that seeks to serve the socio-cultural needs of the Oromo people around the world. We are built on the following principle and goals: advocacy and diplomacy- to amplify human rights…