Detalles a Simple Vista
Tipo de EscuelaPúblico
Coste de la Aplicación$145
The CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy (CUNY SPH) is committed to teaching, research and service that creates a healthier New York City and helps promote equitable, efficient and evidence-based solutions to pressing health problems facing cities around the world.
Promoting health and social justice in New York City and across the globe through innovation and leadership.
The mission of The CUNY Graduate School of Public Health and Health Policy is to provide a collaborative and accessible environment for excellence in education, research, and service in public health, to promote and sustain healthier populations in New York City and around the world, and to shape policy and practice in public health for all.
In May 2013, Dr. Ayman A.E. El-Mohandes, an internationally recognized leader in the field of public health, was named dean of the CUNY School of Public Health, effective Sept. 2, 2013. El-Mohandes is a pediatrician, epidemiologist and academician with a deep commitment to public service. He served as dean of the College of Public Health at the University of Nebraska Medical Center since 2009. He is an established researcher in the field of infant mortality reduction in minority populations and he was supported by the NIH between 1994 and 2009 to conduct community-based interventions with pregnant women and new mothers in underserved communities.
CUNY SPH offers master’s, doctoral, certificate, and internship programs that prepare students to meet the public health challenges of the 21st century.
Three of our MS programs (Global and Migrant Health Policy, Population Health Informatics, and Health Communication for Social Change) are fully online degree programs, providing the opportunity for students to earn an affordable, quality degree from the City University of New York from anywhere in the world!
All core courses for our programs are available to take either online or in-person.
Explore our program offerings using the menu to the left to find program-specific information and admissions requirements.
Coste de la Aplicación$145
- Descripción Personal
- 2 Cartas de Recomendación
- SOPHAS online application (www.sophas.org)
- Background in the field (Academic Knowledge or Work Experience)
- Transcript evaluation from WES or ECE for foreign transcripts
- SOPHAS online application
- Application fee: $145 for your first selection + $50 for each additional one
- Personal statement / statement of purpose (recommended length is 500 words)
- 2 Letters of recommendation
- Background in the field
- Some programs may accept academic knowledge – 18 credits of health related courses
- Work experience – one year in related job, internship, volunteer position, etc.
- TOEFL scores are required if language of instruction for prior degrees was not English
- Internet Based Test: 61 (Reading score + Writing score + Listening score)
- SOPHAS’ TOEFL code is 5688
- MPH in Community Health Education does not require standardized tests
- MPH in Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences does not require standardized tests
- MPH in Epidemiology and Biostatistics requires GRE scores Standardized Tests
- MPH in Health Policy and Management does not require standardized tests
- MPH in Nutrition does not require standardized tests
- MS in Environmental and Occupational Health does not require standardized tests
- MS in Global and Migrant Health Policy (online program) does not require standardized tests
- MS in Health Communication for Social Change (online program) does not require standardized tests
- MS in Population Health Informatics (online program) does not require standardized tests
- For information on how to submit standardized test scores, please click here. Applicants who have a post graduate degree from a U.S. accredited school or a post graduate degree in clinical or allied health that WES or ECE has deemed equivalent to its US counterpart may request a standardized test waiver.
- Please be advised that waivers are granted on a case by case basis. To find out if you are eligible for a standardized test waiver, please email your US transcripts or transcript evaluations of foreign degrees to firstname.lastname@example.org
All documents must be submitted directly to SOPHAS. Please do not send transcripts or letters of recommendations to our school.
To find answers to many commonly asked questions, please check out our Admissions FAQ page.
Fecha límite de postulación
Master’s and Certificate Programs
Fall 2022: We are still accepting applications
Spring 2023: December 1st 2022
Fall 2023: March 1st 2023
Fall 2023: December 1st 2022
Fall 2024: December 1st 2023
Please visit our academic pages for program-specific admissions information:
Tipo de Estudiantes
- Oficina de Fomento de la Diversidad
- Institución para el Servicio a las Minorías del Departamento Estadounidense de Educación
Dirección & Contacto
Teléfono de contacto